MINI Cooper Forum - View Single Post - 260 TV Picture in Motion- SAT NAV!!

View Single Post
post #39 of (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:29 AM
saving the world
Local Time: 07:30 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Singapore Male View IML337's Dark Silver & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile
I have been through all of this, and chose to use the BMW Video module based kit, instead of the aux in with override switch style kit. I felt the integration was worth the extra money.

TVonNAV are great to deal with - I have their video in motion add-on and it's a superb bit of kit.

I bought the video module and loom from, but TVonNAV sell the exact same thing. I bought from the UK as the currency converted to Aussie Dollars more favourably in that case.

Try this link for some more info

I've since purchased a Clarion 4 way diversity antenna with built in booster. The BMW Vid module only has two antenna inputs, so I'm only using half the antenna, but it works well enough. Everyone I spoke to said if you don't have an amplifier on your antenna, you're wasting your time.

Happy to answer any more questions - I've not seen anyone who has done this on mini2 for a long time. woodman438 did a nav-tv conversion a long time ago, but the nav-tv conversion is fundamentally different as far as I know. The BMW Video module approach seems to be the optimum way to do it. The integration is awesome

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome