MINI Cooper Forum banner

HELP! My trunk won't open......MINI TROUBLE!

87K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Zwilnik 
#1 ·
Yesterday went to press the key to open the trunk and nothing! Even when I press the toggle upwards on the dash it opens the sides but not the trunk. I haven't had any trauma to it or anything weird lately. 3 years of having my Mini I have never had this problem.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do?:confused:

#4 · (Edited)
TRUNK STILL STUCK!

So I did what you said. Opened the boot using the pull string under the seat. No prob! Came right open.....BUT I closed it again same problem--stuck. I can hear it click when the key is pressed twice and it does unlock. But it is some serious work and takes lots of presses on the latch/opener to get it to open. It's like it's stuck.

Any ideas?

#5 ·
Miniweee said:
TRUNK STILL STUCK!

So I did what you said. Opened the boot using the pull string under the seat. No prob! Came right open.....BUT I closed it again same problem--stuck. I can hear it click when the key is pressed twice and it does unlock. But it is some serious work and takes lots of presses on the latch/opener to get it to open. It's like it's stuck.

Any ideas?
So it did come open? You just have to apply more force? If so, there could be a simple alignment problem caused by something loose...I'll go check mine and see what it could be....if I have any luck, I'll check back with you.

Stephen.

#9 ·
i have the EXACT same issue on my 2005 convertible. remote key works doors, but it won't open from outside and doesn't even click. i have to pull the cord everytime which is very inconvenient. I've had the fuse replaced and the switch itself replaced and still doesn't work. Anything else to try? mine was never intermittent, it stopped working and hasn't worked since.

#10 ·
Our 2006 Cooper S does the same whenever the latch gets damp (specifically if it's parked with driving rain blowing into the back of the car). So far the quickest fix has been a drying blast from a can of compressed air (Dust Off) although you have to be careful to use short blasts or you'll end up with a freezing cold handle ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.