MINI Cooper Forum banner

What color goes best with the Union Jack?

5K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  BJA 
#1 ·
I have been lurking and reading but now I have a question. I like the look of the Union Jack on the MINI S car. What is the best car body color to accent the Union Jack on the white roof?

#5 ·
I decided red would compliment my Jack the best. I was torn, 'cause I really like indi but I feared the different blues would clash - especially over time. My first preference would have been BRG - if I liked MINI's hue.

There's also an aftermarket silver/black Jack if you want a more modern interpretation.

#7 ·
aircanuck said:
I have to agree with the indigo blue. I'd really like to put one on my electric blue, but afraid of a clash of blue myself. I'm sure there are superb combinations though.

neil
I saw an E/B with a UJ IMHO, it looked very poor!! Colours really dont work well together!

#8 ·
McprS - I have a EB with UJ on the roof and I'm quite pleased with it. I really did not think it would work - but it surprised me. The blue's are sufficiently different that they contrast rather than clash (IMO).

I think that IB, BRG and CR all look better - but only the red was an option when I got my S - and I could not have Red seats so EB it was.

[click to enlarge]

[click to enlarge]

Steve

#11 ·
Can't go wrong with the Chili Red and White combo -

Matches perfectly!

The only other true option, IMHO, is the Gr8Shag Mini that Michael Caine is driving in "Goldmember". Which was fully striped and a great blue to match.
I am debating between the checkerboard and union jack - I have a sunroof so it's hard to tell what either would really look like...

BCNU - G

#12 ·
Indi Blue for sure!~

I am also thinking about JET BLACK/white roof with the Union Jack~ will that b nice? neone tried that~?

btw hey guys I am new~ I have no Mini but currently lookin for a car and the Mini seems to b cool! it's 0% financing or watever here, I saw the ad thing~ hope to go to the dealer this weekend~~ I'm 16 years old and just got my License on DEC.31~ Lives in Vancouver Canada~ ne one from there~?

:D

#21 ·
The crack being smoked in this chat.

Maybe BRITISH RACING GREEN WOULD BE THE BEST COLOR!?

If it were a german flag .. silver or white.. if it were american .. blue. Italian.. red. There is a history to these things.

If it's a texas flag.. (which it should be apparently n-less you're a transplanted brit) I'd go with chili red.
(and you CAN get a texas flag)n

Basing a car purchase on a decal... pffffff

:confused:

#24 ·
If it's a texas flag.. (which it should be apparently n-less you're a transplanted brit) I'd go with chili red.
(and you CAN get a texas flag)

We have the Texas Flag and it looks GREAT! We've sent two out already and have several more on order. We get almost as many requests for the Texas flag as we do the Union Jack.
If any one is interested I can post pics of the graphic, but I don't have pictures of one installed yet.

Back on topic - I'd have to sat that the UJ looks best on IndiBlue.

matt@cooperflags.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.