MINI Cooper Forum banner

NO One Touch Sunroof??

11K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Unruley 
#1 ·
I just picked up my 2007 CooperS and all is good, however.... There is NO auto-open or auto-close for the sunroof? My 2004 MINI had this option. Does anyone know if this is a programable option. Some of the references I've found have stated that its disabled on NA vehicles. Not sure of the reasoning? If this is thec case, can a software update be done?

And similar to this is the fact that there's never been auto-close on the windows. Apparentally the 2008s will have this feature (motoringfile.com has an article on this).

If anyone has any information, please reply! It's ridiculous to think that MINI removed a feature on the new cars. Even with the previous auto-close on the sunroof, it would never close it all the way, just to the tilt position. This is also silly, as the roof was often left open.

Most other cars have auto close on the sunroof, even our Toyota!

Thanks!

#2 ·
By auto-close/auto-open do you mean with lock/unlock?

If so,mine certainly has this feature. Hold the unlock button on the remote and the windows go down and the sunroof opens. Hold the key in he lock position or hold the rubber door handle button with comfort access and everything closes up again.

If you mean one-touch up or one-touch close, that's a different story

#3 ·
Mine does open but only to the tilt. The windows go down first and then the sunroof opens to the tilt but it doesn't open all the way off the key, some stupid health and safety legislation has probably got in the way. My first MINI ONE had the function and always worked great even from quite far away but my second MINI ONE had the feature but it was always hit and miss. Sometimes you could stand next to it and it still wouldn't open from the key

#5 ·
Hi there!

The drivers window has the function (auto-close and auto-open), the passengers windows has only auto-open, and the sunroof has both auto-open and auto-close function. ;)
To let the window open/close automatically just quickly press the window switch once and let go. This should activate the auto function. If you hold the switch it stops opening after releasing the switch. Same works for the sunroof. One quick press and the sunroofs are opened to first level. One more quick press and it opens fully (the first one). :)

Hope this helpes!:nice:

#6 ·
Thanks for the information Red. Unfortunately, it seems that this functionality has been disabled or removed on North American cars. All of what you describe above used to work on my 2004 MINI (with the exception of one-touch close for the passenger window), but not on our new one. The only one-touch or Auto feature is Auto-down (one-touch) for the driver and passenger windows. Not one-touch up. No one-touch sunroof to either open OR close. Very poor.

#8 ·
Hi,

This feature is still not there on my '08 clubman. I would be interested if anyone has a solution yet, as I miss it.

The only thing I can think of for safety, is that on the 2nd gen the rear glass tilts open, and then closes when you open the main glass. Someone in the back could stick a finger in there when the auto open is activated, and there is probably no sensor on it . . . thus someone could get squished fingers. Only reason I can think of for no auto open.

#10 ·
Good to know... we've been wondering about that as well. One-touch open would be really nice.

With the key fob, we can open the windows and vent the sunroof on our Clubman, but cannot close everything up, which seems very odd. Is this a Comfort Access thing only, or is it a safety regulation?

#12 ·
Hi, Hatchy, I know you seek answers to other questions but what you said regarding the 2004 has me interested as I have just purchased one and would love to know how to use auto-close for the sunroof? I can auto open everything but not close unless with key inserted into door lock...appreciate if you could put me out of my misery thanks in advance..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.