MINI Cooper Forum banner

asc light

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  robbo mcs 
#1 ·
Could anyone out there shed some light as to why my ASC light comes on when i drive that the car hard I.E it tends to light up at 6500 RPM in 3rd Approx 110mph. This keeps the traction control off until i stop the car & switch off the ignition, this then resets the traction control & works fine until next time :puzzled:.

#3 ·
Take the pully off! :D Its cause you are exceeding the 18psi range...

17% pulley on yours?
i have the jcw (approx 11%) + the GTT +3% lightened crank pulley. this should mean around the equalivent of a 15% supercharge pulley on a stock MCS. Lots of cars run that , Do they normaly have this issue?
How does a excessive boost pressure cause the ACS light to come on !
by the way i know there's a high boost as the small snoot boot keeps blowing off, I'm going to order some 5 ply ones fron GTT in the morning.
P.S thanks for a quick responce.

#9 ·
Hi,

Go to a garage that has a code reader and get the fault codes downloaded. That is the only way to know for sure. It could be overboost, it could be a faulty sensor, it could be a lot of things. The only way to know for sure is to look at the fault codes

Cheers

Robbo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.