MINI Cooper Forum banner

I've just been pullied by the guys at 1320mini

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  wildog 
#1 ·
Just been sorted out by the guys at 1320!

Had a 15% pulley, belt, plugs and dyno tested before and then after.

The first dyno was poor 142bhp/125bhp? located to a worn out and non functional bypass valve and against a new bypass valve was fitted and shown what and why the valve had ceased....brill service through out and shown what was wrong and then after all parts fitted the transformation was outta of this world.:biggrin:

The car is now what it should have been like but me knowing no better thought this was how it should be, how wrong I was.....after driving up was a slog, but the drive back was fast and took the longer route home...biggest grin factor yet :)

Thanks to the guys at 1320, Tom, Scott and Jack :D who fitted the parts, dynode the car, now reaches 174bhp.

If any thing get the bypass valve checked if it lacks power, the lever of the old valve pushed into the diaphragm stuck may not be fully closing, loosing power, needing more grunt means more petrol.

I could see and feel the immediate difference and experience the speed. Saving up for the next mods…..

Regards
wilddog (keith)

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm looking at doing the same mods by Mad4mini as they are the nearest to me. How much was the bypass valve, might just change mine anyway.
Am tempted to go for the 17% pulley tho unless someone convinces me its a bad idea. My thoughts are I'd mostly be using it as an overtaking tool as opposed to track day or something so the heat build up won't be that bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.