MINI Cooper Forum banner

Johnny Dangerously's NY/NE Dawn Patrol: Open 12-6am.

1M views 12K replies 76 participants last post by  yellowmininy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So, based on my calculations, there are enough of us early risers or insoMINIacs to justify a new thread. Plus, our beloved moderator, GMINI, is a natural for charter membership.

My thread, my rules! However, my technical ineptitude does not threaten censorship but please try your best. It'll work better this way. I say so.

All are welcome. Requirements are few but there are just some basic guidelines:

* You must be thickskinned and willing to give and take the warped sense of humor so often seen on mini2. On the other hand, meanspritedness is prohibited as is blatant offensive behavior.

* You may post only between the hours of midnight and 6 AM, your local time as noted by mini2 or your own Big Ben.

* Topics are open EXCEPT there will be no discussions of computers or related technologies. This includes software, connectivity, shopping decisions, etc. Discussions re photograhy are OK as long as they do not sound like technological chatter. Keep it to the pictures please.

* Links are discouraged, thumbnails welcome. It's early. Further, if you must post a link, please make sure it is a STILL image that does NOT require sound to be comprehended. Thus, no movies, streaming whatevers. The audio prohibition reasoning should be obvious, the restriction to stills more for early morning ease than my notorious dial-up speed although ............

*Oh and please do not link to other mini2 threads, just mention their titles and leave it to us to get there. Overuse of the Back key is tiring.

* Have fun. Be insightful. Reveal yourselves (don't go where I think you are going, JB). Don't be overly cryptic or critical. And yes, I realize I am starting this thread way past the end time of it. Let this be the last time the rule is broken.

Let the games begin. Other guidelines will be considered if you post them.

See less See more
#10,918 ·
So you could actually drive over 40 mph? Sweet! 27 with a high of 48, with fog/mist. Here's hoping the coffee helps!

My daughter is hosting Thanksgiving for the first time, with my family in town & my ex-husband's family, there will be about 15 of us. Today we're going to break out all the folding tables and extra chairs, and then Wednesday we'll see how close to a pie per person we can get this year. I did some Thanksgiving shopping on Thursday, and almost caused a yamalanche in the store, but survived unscathed. (Except for buying decaf coffee by mistake!)

#10,920 ·
Generally, I think decaf coffee is a cruel trick. Every once in a while I think coffee with less caffeine is a good idea. (This isn't one of those times!) 31 with a high of 52 again. I'm going for a walk today at noon, and have managed to get a few mile and a half walks in yesterday & earlier this week. The sunshine does improve November!

#10,930 ·
Best of luck to both of you. The only jobs I've known worse than wallpaper stripping were hauling coal and sanding drywall in 90 degree weather.

We had a fine Thanksgiving dinner yesterday, with a tremendous excess of food- 3 kinds of stuffing, 6 kinds of pie. I'm not a big fan of turkey, but this was the best I've had. I stayed to wash dishes, since I hate waking up to dishes myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.