MINI Cooper Forum banner

auto window close issue

4K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  razdaz66 
#1 ·
my passenger side window seems not to want to Auto Close when asked to, you have to keep your finger on the switch to close it, I have tried to reset its memory as per to the drivers side but it just don't want to know, it does Auto open, so my question is where is the issue the switch or in the door ?

#7 ·
because there is no sensor in the windows to detect obstructions, so if you close it on someone's fingers it will nearly brake them before the motor finally gives up, for some reason they trust you to not crush anyone's hand on the drivers side but not the passengers side

#12 ·
Manufacturers seem to do the most ridiculous things to save money.
On a Freelander 2 the interior footwell lights arent active on the lesser models, but thats only because they dont put the bulb in them, all the rest of the lamp and wiring etc is there, so by putting in a 10p bulb you have the lighting.
Quite how much that saves on a production line, is probably next to zero.

#17 ·
I also have this problem on my Countryman. The front passenger window used to auto lift but now doesn't. Had this with the drivers door and the dealer replaced the regulator so I guess it will be a visit to the dealer after Christmas as my auto wiper sensor is also playing up - Goes from no wipers to high speed and nothing in between.

#18 ·
My 2011 hardtop windows both auto close. But I've read the convertibles do not and it has to do with properly closing (and sealing) the window to the convertible top.

That said...I do have a crazy issue where the windows just seem to have a mind of their own! I hit close on the passenger side, then close on driver, and the passenger side reverses and opens again. Sounds simple (and maybe silly) but if you don't catch it and you walk away from your car...the window could be left wide open!

John
DrivingMyMINI
DrivingMyMINI.blogspot.com
@DrivingMyMINI

#20 ·
We have a 2008 JCW

drivers side auto drops inch when you open door

Passenger side does not. Window stays up when open door.

Dealer says was never meant to on this model. Some people have said that is wrong all models have it.

At moment sometimes passenger window closes ok other it goes up and down

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.