MINI Cooper Forum banner

Want to buy JCW, need an advice

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  habi222 
#1 ·
hi forum, currently im riding toyota mr2 2006, was looking for smth faster and more comfortable and less noising, so i have found that JCW is looks great to me, just few things i thinking of, firstly comparing to the mr2 deep seats are the jcw cooper's seats will be fine, also, my mr2 is middle engine, rear drive, light and very low sport car. Will i be disappointed with cooper s related specs.

Just to answer your question before you will ask them to me

I can tune my mr2 for better performance, but it will cost me around +5-6k more, that is a lot.

i cant go for smth like lotus or s2000, but they are much more expensive, so my budget is limited here

plus im living in Cyprus, so import taxes for 1.6 170 c02 are nothing comparing to high co2 and engine size cars.

Really want your advise, wanna buy smth faster than mine in limited budget, low co2, low cc

was Looking for smth like it for last several monthes )

Thanks forum

P.S Sorry for my english, im russian, cheers.

See less See more
#2 ·
1st Gen Works cars were Cooper S models fitted with either a 200bhp or 210bhp JCW Engine Tuning Kit. These cars did 0-60 in the high 6 second range while the stock Cooper S was in the low 7 second range. A stock Cooper S can be obtain JCW like performance by fitting a reduction supercharger pulley ... a 15% pulley being the most common choice.

Horsepower and torque figures can be found via the following link:

1st Gen JCW Tuning Kits and Factory Models - The MINI Wiki

#3 ·
Actually now a days its risky to buy a used car but if you not afford a new one so take a mechanic with you to check it out internally.So if any major fault displayed so it helps you to check the car properly.An you also check it online about its engine number and specification,date of issue etc so have a look on bmw vin decoder full.It helps you in a better way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.