MINI Cooper Forum banner

Triangle w/exclamation !

45K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  we22192 
#1 · (Edited)
I am new to the forum but I have an 09 base model. I just changed brakes all went well. But shortly there after I had to put a new clutch in. After the clutch install I got a warning light yellow triangle w/exclamation point and at slow speeds (when going from a stop) it pulls right. seems it stops pulling above 22-24 mph. And it does not do it all the time but the yellow triangle with exclamation point stays on all the time. If I pull the ABS/DCS fuse it stops pulling. Any thoughts?

#3 · (Edited)
This is the yellow triangle with the exclamation point. I understand for the 09s it is a DCS indicator. I should add that when I removed the engine cradle I disconnected the steering knuckle in the car to drop the power steering pump on the cradle. I am sure I rotated the steering wheel 360-720 degrees before I reinstalled the cradle. Turn signal self cancelling feature no longer works. could I have damaged the Steering position sensor? And could that be causing all these issues? I assume the fix is take to dealer and be prepared for the $700 bill.....

Help

#4 ·
Hurray...I figured it out. The triangle with an exclamation point in an 09 means the DCS is malf. Causes of the DCS with no ABS light and inop self cnx turn signal is the steering position sensor. When I dropped the engine cradle to remove the tranny I disconnected the steering knuckle. The steering wheel rotated 360 to the left and I guess misaligned the steering position sensor. I disconnected the knuckle first turned the steering wheel 360 left, tried the turn signal and it still did not cnx, so I turned it 720 to the right and wallah. I connected the knuckle back onto the steering pump and drove it. All lights went out and no more slow speed pull......way to sensor dependent car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.