MINI Cooper Forum - View Single Post - Newbie buying a mini on Sat., some questions

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2014, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
mars_bay
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 04:59 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom

Question Newbie buying a mini on Sat., some questions

Hi guys and gals, I'm going to buy a mini this Saturday. It's a 2006 mini one seven in solar red, 56k miles, no accident, no damage. I test drove the car last night, all seemed pretty good. However there were two things in the back of my head I'm not quite sure about so I want to check with someone who have a mini.

1. When the car is idling, there is a bit of noise change when pressing down the clutch. It's just a slight change, but I've seen posts elsewhere saying any noise when pressing down the clutch is a bad sign. What do you think? Do your minis have the same?

2. When changing gears, it was very smooth, but it took a little bit of effort to pull and push the gear stick. I mean, not an awful lot of effort, just not as light and easy as my old nissan micra (perhaps because the micra was three years older?). I also tried a few other cars before (polo, fiesta), but gear changing on those cars were also a bit easier than on this mini one. Is this normal?

I will appreciate any thoughts on this. Thank you! I'm pretty keen to buy the mini, but really can't afford to repair it at the moment if it has any major problem.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome