MINI Cooper Forum banner

Blower controls

7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Restyle 
#1 ·
Hi,

has anyone had issues with the internal blower running at Max only? Ive got a set switches of ebay but that didn't cure it.

my thoughts are now turning to the blower itself.

Andy

#3 ·
Failure of the low speed motor resistor

Guide to fix on: TotalMini (dot) com

Add a dot as links to totalMini not allowed on Mini2......

I lost all fan speeds except flat out on my R56 Dooper (with manual heating controls).
I suspected this was a failure of the low speed motor resistor(s) and set about finding where it was. This jobs turned out to be very simple so thought I would add this guide for anyone with the same problem:
http://www.totalmini(dot) com/forum/18-2006-2014-2nd-generation/7995-replacing-faulty-resistor-pack-heater-blower.html

#7 ·
on my daughters of 05 UK model, the resistor pack is at the back of the right hand (drivers side on RHD) foot well mounted on the fan complex. Requires you to remove 1 x T20 screw holding the resistor pack in place. has 4 wires leading to it (red, blach, blue, and black & yellow). A bit fiddly, but only takes about 15 mins to complete.

#8 ·
.... the resistor pack is at the back of the right hand (drivers side on RHD) foot well mounted on the fan complex....
I had mine replaced by a local MINI breaker.
When looking at the 'resistor' pack, I noticed it wasn't a resistor at all but a voltage regulator circuit -which delivered different set voltages for each fan speed.
Explains why it costs so much I suppose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.