MINI Cooper Forum banner

Mini Clubman R55 rear window trim

5K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  SeanC 
#1 ·
There are two trims on the rear windows on the split door under the glass on the Clubman. One left, one right. They are just cosmetic and are pushed on to the glass with a plastic U-channel strip. Although they don't have a sealing function the metal body has a flexible gasket strip glued on to it top and bottom. This is now coming away and looks naff so I want to replace them. Does anybody know where to get the trims from? I tried e-bay and signed up withe a breakers website service, but they charge over £50 for the pair which is a bit steep. I had a look in to repairing the trims by sticking the flipper gasket back on to the metal trim, but I don't think this will hold and look any better. Anybody with some good ideas?

#2 ·
Have you tried MINI themselves? sounds daft but sometimes they are actually cheaper. From experience some breakers yards overcharge because it's a MINI. They seem to think that these cars are something special....

Mine were starting to split but BMW replaced them under warranty when they resprayed the car last year :big_grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.