Chili or Pepper? [Archive] - MINI Cooper Forum

: Chili or Pepper?

SPARKLEPANTS
Mar 20th, 2010, 11:21 AM
I have just purchased a cooper 51 plate at a very cheap price and when i rang the insurence company to change over they asked me if it has a chilli or pepper pack... I now know these are extras but how will i tell if the tyres are run flats of the washers get heated up, im all a bit confused! Will it be on my log book? Thanks and cant wait till monday when i pick it up.

Fowleerrr29
Mar 20th, 2010, 11:55 AM
[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]but how will i tell if the tyres are run flats of the washers get heated up, im all a bit confused.

Run flat tyrese are normally on either 16" or 17" wheels and above. I've got 15" on mine and they are just standard tyres, no run flats :) There should be a list in the spec of the car of what its got. Do you know if its got the chili or pepper pack?

Filbert
Mar 31st, 2010, 11:58 AM
I have just purchased a cooper 51 plate at a very cheap price and when i rang the insurence company to change over they asked me if it has a chilli or pepper pack... I now know these are extras but how will i tell if the tyres are run flats of the washers get heated up, im all a bit confused! Will it be on my log book? Thanks and cant wait till monday when i pick it up.

Call the BMW/Mini info line and they will tell you. 0906 209 0001

Filbert
Mar 31st, 2010, 12:02 PM
As this post has been posted in the first generation Mini Cooper forum, I'm assuming that you are interested in the Chilli pack on the 1st Gen Mini's? Even as said this was a UK thing. Going to mini.co.uk will only tell you what is fitted in the chilli pack if you were to buy a new mini today, not what was fitted historically. The options fitted have changed.

See here http://www.mini2.com/forum/first-generation-mini-cooper/92170-what-comes-chilli-pepper-packs-2002-cooper.html#post3731613

SPARKLEPANTS
Mar 31st, 2010, 05:45 PM
:) thanks thats great, im lovin the car full leather and a dream to drive the gearbox is totally deeeeeeelish!!! oh and as for the chilli pack i hung some dried ones from the rear view mirror!!! lol just to say its got a chilli pack!!!

redlinepete
Mar 31st, 2010, 07:20 PM
The BMW phone No 0906 209 0001 will cost 1.50 per minute...Not worth it IMO..
Phone your nearest BMW Dealer with the VIN number and reg. they will tell you the sepc of the car