Jan 28th, 2012, 09:18 AM
The mini is on the rolling road as I type. Going to see what power I'm working with before I do any mods.
What tuning have people done to their R53 Cooper S?
OH is wanting to decrease the supercharger pulley and remap it.
I'm a newbie to all this malarkey so I'd like other mini owners opinions before I go ahead with anything. He's a complete boy racer and I don't want to end up with a chavmobile!
Jan 28th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I'm running 220bhp from a pre facelfit MCS (originally 163bhp)
15% reduced pulley
Milltek exhaust & manifold
Dave F hybrid airbox
Jan 28th, 2012, 11:45 AM
pretty much as above but here is my list
1) 15% SC pulley shorter belt (don't go for a tapered fit type)
2) GRS intercooler or the set up off of a GP
3) spark plugs its a must up a heat range and change to iridium type and my be a MSD coil pack and leads
4) definitely air box of some sort something like dave f, works 210 with a better filter and de flap mod or a CIA type
5) exhaust and manifold but if you want yours abit loader and better flowing you can do the one ball mod
6) free power you can do your self in an afternoon is supercharger bypass mod thats worth doing if not just to check it is set up correctly
7) then you are looking at bigger injectors heads cam shaft
with these mods 1 to 6 you will not need remap as the DME is self adapting just reset the DME when you do a mod then it will learn what it needs
a remap really only needs to be done if you start to change things like cam shaft, heads bigger injectors
don't get me wrong a remap is good to have but i think money spent else where at this early stage is more wiser
hope this help have fun post the results and pics :-)
Jan 28th, 2012, 12:29 PM
It was running 160bhp to the flywheel.
Bloke who did it recommended a reduced supercharger pulley and some other bits he's going to get back to me about on Monday.
Thanks for the advice guys, helps that it comes from actual mini drivers who use them every day. :-)