Sep 20th, 2005, 01:16 AM
Todd I've two kids so it has to be leather inside (and you get free seat heating in the package) , sat nav and sunroof, tossing up whether to get a red or a white car. I think their quite good value and the inside is absolutely sumptuous.
Our problem is its not so much price driven but perceived value. We tend to rack up 25-30 000k's a year so buying a 100k car to do that in isn't a smart move for resale, spend less, lose less. I also tend to get rather bored with cars too so replacing the family hack every 2-3 years is fairly painless and feeds the desires.
Frankly I'm far more interested in selling the PRB for an Exige or a S1 Elise with a turbo Honda conversion :)
Sep 20th, 2005, 01:44 AM
My imprssions of the GTI
- It was going a lot faster than it felt....Tim...you are going to be able to keep your licence for about 10 minutes! haha
- The seats and steering wheel are fabulous
- the shift feels light and 'empty' compared to the mini....but are accurate
- the instruments are more user friendly than the mini
- the interior is more practical
- it accellerates very nicely....no lag at all.....
- what feels like 70 in the mini, is probably 120 in the golf...
- it feels bigger and you feel like you are sitting higher in the golf
- it looks boring on the outside
- it oozes quality
- not sure about that grille....
- feels nice 'n solid
- corners nicely
- brakes crap on the mini brakes
- lighter steering feel, but still tactile and responsive
- did I mention it looks boring? It would be nice if the arches flared a little more...
- am I the only person that thinks tartan is horrid?
- I'll have one in black thanks:
Steering Wheel: Rocks
Seats - Comfy! Tartan - Vomit!
Gearknob - weights about a tenth of a Whalen. Feels 'floppy'... :p
Sep 20th, 2005, 01:54 AM
I love the tartan, and it looks much better in person. ;)
Sep 20th, 2005, 03:24 AM
Tartan interior on a GTi is sensational... You have commited blasphamy Tiaan!
My spec would be a white GTI with tartan, zenons and that is it... I would buy aftermarket wheels and that would be it... visually ;) :D
I have a price, just gota do some more work to justify the purchase.
Sep 20th, 2005, 03:27 AM
Ohhhh, just read about the heated seats - that could actually sway me... No sunroof though. They click and clunck way too much - from the MINI experience...
I take it you got DSG Darryl?
Sep 20th, 2005, 04:45 AM
well we haven't actually ordered it at this point still doing deals with loan cars etc... as they want the Mini pretraded.
But no will go the 6 speed, although nice I don't see the point in the DSG for the price difference.
Sep 20th, 2005, 05:00 AM
Cool - some Sydney dealers are very agressive with providing loan cars etc. It is very uncommon down here to get that.
Are you going to trade it with the R90's and CF wing?
Sep 20th, 2005, 05:10 AM
With the money I've been offered for it they can have it as is...
Not buying it in NSW..... can't say too much more at this point ;)
Sep 20th, 2005, 05:17 AM
That is good to hear then...