MINI Cooper Forum banner

Anyone else get invited to test drive a R57?

3K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  85NIXMIN 
#1 ·
Was funny as today as soon as I got home from organising to change my MINI to a cabrio I get an invitation in the mail from Motorline inviting me to test drive the new R57 from next Thursday- Saturday... anyone else get one in the mail... how cute was the flyer... :D I just burst out laughing when I got it, as it was so fitting, it's like MINI knew that I was buying a cabrio.. like they were spying on me! :D

#5 ·
Went to the Dealership Launch on Sat, nice car.....still an R56 in desguise though.....plenty of poke in the S, but found the cooper somewhat lacking.....choice of roof colours is interesting and the boot doesn't appear much larger.....a little more space for 4 adults inside.....but not that much of an improvement...will be interesting to see when orders are delivered though!

#6 ·
I've got an invite to the launch and cruise this Sunday. Looking forward to it since Adelaide Mini Garage always puts on a good show (they hired out the Boho Bar for the launch of the R56 including Cabaret acts etc.)

#10 ·
I came home to find an invite on the kitchen table. Turned it over and it was addressed to my MUM!~!~!~! Keep telling her she should get one as opposed to her X5, this has to be a sign. :p

#11 ·
Why didn't u get an invite yet your mum did? :p
I think they only sent me one as I was around there last year gettin' my passenger side door actuator fixed and I saw a red Cooper S there, and I asked for a test drive... just to see what an "S" was like and I told them that I was interested in buying a cabrio... hence the invite...hehe :D Pity I'm going camping on the weekend otherwise I could have drove around in my cooper cabrio that I'm hopefully picking up tomorrow!!! :)

#12 ·
Im the Mini Owner in the family, it may have been directed at her because they want her to go more green. Plus I don't like washing her SUV, too big.

Shame about your Mini, hopefully you can pick it up tomorrow. Will you be coming on the next run to the drive in movies. The convertible will be perfect for that!

#13 ·
Well the drive in movies I'm assuming would be the one at Yatala? Seeing as tho that is the only one left in South East Qld I think? If so I don't live too far away from there like 10mins or so, so hopefully I can get the night off!

#15 ·
Hehe.. well I saw a R57 in the flesh today... went to Motorline for lunch and saw one sittin' in the showroom... was Horizon Blue with brown roof and brown leather! Not too shabby but I think I like the older R52 shape to be honest! I'm about to go and take some pics of my baby now so will post them up whenever I get a chance!

#20 ·
...and uses less fuel than the 'older' one :D - not that I'm biased!!!
Old one??? Prior to 2001 they used to go 56,247km on the smell of an oily rag! :p

I actually felt a little more cramped in the R56 compared to the R50/R53. Maybe it's psychological??? Also you notice how BIG the "A" pillars are in the Cabrio compared to the hard top, where you're used to not being able to see at all.

#23 ·
Here's some pics from the SA launch at the Monarto Zoological park. They went with a safari theme and had prizes for the best dressed people and cars.

Got a close up of the open gauge too, that times how long the hood's been down.

Attachments

#26 ·
So whats it like in the flesh as the photo's don't do the colour justice, looks like a fluerescent yellow... not too sure at the moment will wait to see it in the flesh.

Rellik666 had one for the last 2 days, went for a cruise down the coast yesterday evening, sounds quite noisy, handles speed bumps better though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.