MINI Cooper Forum banner

The Waiting Game...

4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  dsakko 
#1 ·
Hey fellow MINI2'ers!

As some of you may have known I have been having a fair bit of trouble with my 2007 MINI COOPER S. Needless to say in the short space of time that I have owned it (I bought it in September last year as a 25th Birthday gift to myself) It's been towed twice to MINI and had the timing tensioner kit replaced on it all carried out under warranty (just) played up in the first week of January and my warranty ran out the second week!!! Talk about lucky!! :D Or unlucky?) :eek: Even now it's still playing silly buggers on a regular occurrence. Some mornings when I goto start my car it'll run rough, rev really high or low, then stall. I can always tell when it's going to play up just by what I have witnessed it do in the past. So frustrating! :mad:

I took it in for it's 50,000k service on Monday and had everything checked over, apparently I need new rotors. I've only done 5,000k's in my car, so I'm suspecting that the damage was already done before me. I work 5 mins away from home hence the low k's! :D No fault codes had come up as previously it was saying that there was a knock in cylinder 3 I think it was? The mechanics started and stopped my car numerous times to try and see what the problem was, but they couldn't get it to do it. :( *always the way*

Moving on...I have been looking at all sorts of different cars for a replacement for my MINI & believe me it has been hard! :frown: Nothing compares in the handling and looks department to me! Needless to say I thought I would be loyal.... *again* and stick with MINI! :D

Had been watching a certain MINI on carsales, for well over 2 months, and wished that they would reduce it a little bit more....and to my luck they did....numerous times, each time making it a little more tempting to go and have a look at it! So on Friday, I went on a bit of a road trip with the family to go have a look and test drive and ended up putting a deposit down on a 2009 MINI COOPER S CABRIO, (I missed my old convertible too much so I had to go back! :p) It's Pepper White with only 13,000k's on the clock...Built 09/09 so nearly a 2010...
Just waiting back on the financial side of things but all going well I should be able to pick it up sometime in the coming week. Provided I can manage a day where I'm not at work....which is proving to be difficult....DOH! :biggrin:

Will post pics whenever I get it! :D Can anyone say 4th time (MINI) lucky? :cool: I hope so!!! :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow lucky bugger! Congrats.

I'm kinda disappointed as awesome as the Mini Challenge car is to drive I can't drive it every day. Lord knows if I could I'd probably have lost my licence by now. So wish I coulda had spare cash to have a road going one too.

#5 ·
As much as I would love to be able to order a new one I don't think I could afford it, plus why should I lose most of the $$ from new when I can get a near new with still some warranty for less. :D

Each to their own I guess... :D

Reactions: minicore
#6 ·
Yay! I'm gonna be topless once again!! Got the word back today that everything is a ok! Hopefully I'll be able to pick up my new MINI on Saturday if all goes to plan if not it'll definitely be Monday!

#11 ·
Well I picked it up yesterday! Everything went smoothly and then on the way home the runflat indicator came on whenever I hit a bump in the road... :( FAIL! I reset it and thank goodness it hasn't come back on, so it must be alright? :D

Anyways here's some long awaited pics....

A few things I am missing that my other MINI had is the 10 speaker sound system and the xenon's... :( But I can live with it! So glad to be topless again... I forgot how much fun it is! :wh:
I can't believe the difference in the drive, I think my old S was definitely a troubled lemon as this is a dream to drive, so smooth, but then I keep putting it down to the 17" rims and runflats that were on my old MINI, this one only has 16" rims. AMAZING DIFFERENCE!!! :D

#15 ·
This will always be a track car :) I'm also looking at what else the regs allow. Like hillclimbs, super sprints, motorkhanas are on the table, as well as circuit racing under the Aus Manufacturers Championships or as a Super Sedan. And with a passenger seat and a change of the aero package, tarmac rallying!

This was imported as race only so I'll never be able to comply it, but there's a scheme here that allows dedicated rally cars to be conditionally registered.

#16 ·
ahh, rally rego, that makes more sense. You may want to check improved production, although that may require the car to have been previously registered. Additionally, I hope for our sake you don't race it in Super Sedans as that's a speedway category. I would be much happier seeing it in Sports Sedans :p

By the way, I see Raf is selling the Uberstar car. It would make a nice little street upgrade package for one of us at over $30k

#17 ·
Yeah not sure what the story is there. From what I knew car 50 had been sold at the time I collected mine??? LOL mine was parked next to it at BMW, so I'm claiming mine is uber cool by association. :D

And yeah, sports sedans. :) Mind you anything's possible - I've seen a genuine Charger R/T E49 track pack turned into a super sedan dirt speedway car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.