Robert Stern - Worcester - MINI Cooper Forum
Go Back   MINI Cooper Forum > All Models & Variants > Dealership Feedback

Dealership Feedback Discuss your experiences with MINI dealers worldwide

Mini2.com is the premier Mini Cooper Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old Feb 8th, 2008, 06:31 PM
MINI2 Regular
Send a message via MSN to adam_Randell

Local Time: 05:43 AM
United Kingdom Male View adam_Randell's Pepper White & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Profile View adam_Randell's Classified Ads
Robert Stern - Worcester

Hi all. Bad report of Robert Stern MINI/BMW in Worcester. It is quite possibly the most incompetent, lazy, money hungry garage I have ever been to. Around 8/9 months ago I hit something at around 2mph creasing the bonnet and scratching paint off the corner of the bumper.

A few weeks ago the front arches came off, and recently the bonnet catch has snapped (both quite common according to this forum). I took it in when the arches came off and they said that they wouldnt repair it under warrenty as the collision had caused BOTH sides to come off! The cheek of it. Also, while it was in there they did a quote on repairing the minor damage that was. They said i needed:

2x Front Fogs (which i dont even have, and the side lights both work, no cracks etc)
2x Wheel Hubs
1x Front Bumper
1x Bonnet
2x Viper Stripes (@ 40 + VAT each, mine cose me 35 for the whole car!)
2x Wheel Arch Trims

I took it to an indipendant garage and they said all i need was filler and paint on the bonnet and a minor touch up on the bumper. I really take offence to the fact that all they are after is quite blatently ripping me off and if they would do it to me, how many vounrable people (who dont know much about cars) have they ripped off? People tent to trust dealers, 'they know the cars better than anyone' so people tend to trust what they say.

This is not the first bad experience I have with this dealership either, it has been in 4 times for the same problem with the clutch (which is not fixed yet) and twice for the centre console heating up to ridiculous heats, and the woman on the service desk told me to come back if it got hotter?!

Overall, a rubish dealership and very negative feedback from me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 8th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Hmmmmm
Send a message via MSN to astilla Send a message via Yahoo to astilla

United Kingdom Male
Quote: Originally Posted by adam_Randell (original)
Hi all. Bad report of Robert Stern MINI/BMW in Worcester. It is quite possibly the most incompetent, lazy, money hungry garage I have ever been to.

Eek... I pick up my Mini from there on March 1st... They are just over the road from me.

1988 Mini 'Designer' & 2008 MINI Cooper 'S' Works (photos on Flickr)
Old Feb 8th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Hmmmmm

United Kingdom Male
And it seems they got dealer of the year in 2005 and 2006 as well.... strange....

MINI Dealers Invest Millions And Robert Stern Wins<br>'Dealer Of The Year'

Old Feb 8th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 04:43 AM
United Kingdom Female View supa-dupa-cooper's Chili Red & White 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile View supa-dupa-cooper's Classified Ads
Not the first time ive heard a bad report of them!
Old Feb 8th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Mrs Beastie

England View The Peanut's Chili Red & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper Profile
You have my sympathy. We have two minis and the older is now out of warranty so he goes to a local tame proper garage. The two year old is now collected and delivered back to me by Cotswold Cheltenham free of charge, a service that Sterns charge 10 for, even from the Hospital which is where I work and less than a mile away, and I intend never go back to Robert Sterns again. Cotswold say they get a lot of business from Worcester.

Any kind of dealing with Sterns is bad for my health and sanity - far far too many issues with them. I can only think that Minis come a poor second to Real BMWs

Dealer of the Year indeed
Old Feb 9th, 2008, 09:13 AM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male View adam_Randell's Pepper White & Black 2nd Gen MINI Cooper Profile View adam_Randell's Classified Ads
Yea, I agree, I have started going to Nick Whale in Stratford which is a dedicated MINI garage with no other BM's in sight! YAY! They are really good and have a good knowlage of the car. Oh yea, and actually fix the warranty problems under warranty! woop

Quote: Originally Posted by astilla (original)
And it seems they got dealer of the year in 2005 and 2006 as well.... strange....

MINI Dealers Invest Millions And Robert Stern Wins<br>'Dealer Of The Year'

I wonder why they didn't get dealer of the year in 2007.........

Old Feb 15th, 2008, 09:41 PM
MINI2 Regular
Send a message via MSN to Jinkster Send a message via Skype™ to Jinkster

United Kingdom Male View Jinkster's Chili Red & Body Color 1st Gen MINI One Diesel Profile View Jinkster's Classified Ads
I have a Mini One Diesel - the head gasket went under warranty (with previous owner) and was fixed at Robert Stern Worcester.

Around October time (my ownership and warranty lost) I was having problems with the engine overheating etc. Took it to my local dealership - Synter Sheffield and was told the head gasket had blown!!!!!

Having paid for the item to be fixed I now have 12months warranty.

IMHO I think a head gasket should last a lot longer than about 6months - approx 10,000miles!

Robert Stern - you should be ashamed!!
Old Feb 16th, 2008, 10:39 AM
MINI2 Regular
Send a message via MSN to mini_mart

United Kingdom Male View mini_mart's Chili Red & Body Color 1st Gen MINI One Profile
Robert Stern - Worcester, have to be the worst dealership. i bought my mini cherished from their and its been nothing but trouble since. almost all parts of the streeing went in the 1st few days, the exhausted mainfold broke, exhausted backpart its almost rusted away, all the electrics failed due to a major leak in the boot, the list was so long when i took it in i cant rember it now. all fix under warranty (luckey) a week later the exhausted fell off and the streeing was all miss-alined, fix again. now it booked in again for a major knocking this monday, looks to me its the clush/gearbox.

Robert Stern are no better than a back street garage. their attitude stinks and the sales tactics in my case were very dishonest, but thats another long story. i dont no how they got best dealer of the year 2times running.
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 03:45 PM
MINI2 Regular

Their attitude does stink. All they are after is to make as much money as they can out of anyone who walks through the door. I am just turned 19 last week, and have to say i look kinda young for my age. But when i went into the garage they all look at you asif to say 'why the hell are you in here' and ignore you until you go up to them and pester them but as soon as you say 'i have an R56 MC' they get their calculator out!

Old Feb 17th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI2 Master

England View matrog's  &  2nd Gen  Profile
I wonder why they didn't get dealer of the year in 2007.........

Actually Robert Stern are best MINI dealer 2007. They also have the best salesman in the Midlands, as awarded by MINI at a competition held in January this year (John Evans).

I have to say that I have had a few problems, but only with the service department at Robert Stern, and these have been relatively minor. My dealings with Rydale Central (now Sytner) have been far worse - the car came out of a routine service there with an oil leak it didn't have when it went in, and MINI Assistance told me I was lucky to get the car home! Robert Stern have also collected my MINI for free in the past, and said they will do the same in the future

MINI sales at Robert Stern are absoultely fantastic. Always do what they say they will, when they promise. They have never let me down, and always make me feel welcome when I'm there, even if only there to steal a brochure. They have also always tried to provide assistance on the occasions that I've had problems with the service department. Knowledge of the MINI product seems to be second to none. I really can't fault them!

MINI dealer of the year is awarded on quality of the sales department, and not on the service department, and on my experiences I would say they deserve the award

Anyone who has any problems with the Service department at Robert Stern should ask for Dave Addis, who did all he could to assist with a bad experience I had last summer
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Hmmmmm

United Kingdom Male
Quote: Originally Posted by matrog (original)
MINI sales at Robert Stern are absoultely fantastic. Always do what they say they will, when they promise. They have never let me down, and always make me feel welcome when I'm there, even if only there to steal a brochure.

I must admit that I have found the sales team excellent also over the last couple of months. I pick my Mini up in 2 weeks so I guess I'll find out what the service department are like in the future.

Old Feb 17th, 2008, 07:03 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male View Fizzoid's Chili Red & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper Profile View Fizzoid's Classified Ads
. They said i needed:

2x Front Fogs (which i dont even have, and the side lights both work, no cracks etc)
2x Wheel Hubs
1x Front Bumper
1x Bonnet
2x Viper Stripes (@ 40 + VAT each, mine cose me 35 for the whole car!)
2x Wheel Arch Trims

I took it to an indipendant garage and they said all i need was filler and paint on the bonnet and a minor touch up on the bumper. I really take offence to the fact that all they are after is quite blatently ripping me off

Thing is, to do the job 100% as a dealer should, they're not going to fill and spray damaged parts, they're going to replace the damaged parts with new ones. Same as most accident repair places when doing insurance claims.
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 08:27 PM
MINI2 Regular

Quote: Originally Posted by Fizzoid (original)
Thing is, to do the job 100% as a dealer should, they're not going to fill and spray damaged parts, they're going to replace the damaged parts with new ones. Same as most accident repair places when doing insurance claims.

I agree, a dealer should repair properly and do a proper job. However, when they try and charge me for things i dont even have i.e 2 fog lights when i dont have them i start to get a little annoyed! I have had my sidelights out since and there is not even a scuff on them. Also, a new bumper when i got 99% of the scuff off with t-cut, and repaid with a pen that BMW sell for ouching up things like that. Also, why both fog lights? and both wheel hubs, when the hubs wernt damaged either? They are just out to rip people off. How can you chage someone/supply something that someone doesnt even have? a quote from a sales person at the garage i go to now after showing them the quote (i now ravel 37 miles to my garage apposed to 8)

'they are jus trying to squeeze evry penny they can'

Also, my centre consol got reeally hot, i took it in 2 times to get this looked at. Then the 3rd time i took it in they said they didnt know what to do so i should go back if it got any hotter. bearing in mind that it had burnt my girlfriends leg on the way to the lake district!

For people who say its a good garage and have had good experiences, well, i dont know what to think really. It must be because im young with a nice car. Its pathetic if it is but i cant think of another reason why they would be nie to one person and the next they decide to dislike.

One saving grace for the garage is Bret, who works on the parts desk. Really helpful chap, friendly and came out to look at a few things on my car that i wasnt sure of. But the other parts people didnt know their head from their feet, had to go and check on the computer for every question i asked. In the end they took me to the back and had to sit at the computer with them to try and find the right part as he didnt know what i was talking about - i was trying to order the upper aero grill surround.

Old Feb 17th, 2008, 11:31 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male View mini_mart's Chili Red & Body Color 1st Gen MINI One Profile
Quote: Originally Posted by matrog (original)
Always do what they say they will

Totally disagree:

Spare key - i had to phone 3 times to get them to send the spare key they told me they would send two days later when pick my mini up.

Clean the inside - far from clean, i bet they though the leek in the boot would do that

FULL safety check - i dont think a broken steering system would have past that.

2nd hand car, 2nd class service. when i do buy a new mini i will not be heading to the best dealership. what its the award based on anyway - sales figures (as everthing only come down to one thing - money).
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 11:38 PM
MINI2 Regular

as regards the damage repair all bmw garages will do the same with massiave labor charges, its just the BMW way. the work is always going to be top notch, if not they will put it right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , ,