Berry Chiswick - MINI Cooper Forum
Go Back   MINI Cooper Forum > All Models & Variants > Dealership Feedback

Dealership Feedback Discuss your experiences with MINI dealers worldwide

Mini2.com is the premier Mini Cooper Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MCS Timing Chain Tensioner A18XVM First Generation Faults & Fixes 11 Jul 9th, 2013 12:21 PM

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 07:56 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 05:24 AM
United Kingdom Male
Berry Chiswick

Never again......JCW went in for MOT running perfect and came out with a horrible 'kick' at 1200rpm when using engine braking. Back it went and they said 'we did'nt change anything (dont belive them - running fine before) maybe a software fault needs ecu re-load'. It took them 6 days!!! to re load the software as their system had changed and they did'nt have the right JCW version so had to do it manually. They did'nt cure the new fault but in the end i just wanted it out of there.They never returned phone calls day after day, and i generally got the impression they did'nt have much of clue nor care very much. You could'nt pay me to go back there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 31st, 2009, 07:12 AM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 04:24 AM
United Kingdom Male View Triv's_Cooper's Pure Silver & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper Profile
Berry Chiswick is truly really bad! I think their customer service is awful. I will never buy or service my Mini there.

I go to Mini Park Lane or BMW Taplow (J8, M4 - not far from Chiswick). I highly recommend Mini Park Lane, excellent service but they can be a bit pricey!
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 11:33 AM
still learning

Scotland Male
your JCW will never be the same again..............yet another example of how they can f*** up a perfect running car and haven't a clue how they done it !!
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 11:36 AM
MINI2 Premium Member Has met Quack Quack Jack
Soon to be deleted !!

United Kingdom Male View minicabrio's Space Blue & Silver 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile
I can't comment on their service department, but Lee in the sales department is excellent

Very knowledgeable, friendly, down to earth guy
Old Apr 4th, 2009, 07:02 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Female View b4byx's Classified Ads
berry chiswick

berry chiswick , they have a number of problems down there , but it 's not the Tech's,in fact most of them are exceptional, but they can only do so much, there's a newbie but an oldie down there , called joe dawson, complete ****, causing a long line of problems for the staff and customers lying to both and creaming the top of things he shouldn't, by all accounts. threatening staff with losing there jobs And to make matters worse, blaming staff for mistakes he makes, getting staff to pay thousands of pounds for every mistake they or some one else may make , and apparently getting customers to pay 2, allegedly, not good. For any little or big mistake made even though the berry boys have insurance, and if they don't, they should. People can not work in those circumstances. Thats why their staff turn over is so high, they like guys they can bully, and get rid of the ones they can't.

I don't go there anymore i know a couple of guys that left there who fix, service and help me mod my mini, and my family and now friends Bmw's, i tried helping them out with legals but it made the situation worse, for the ones left behind,(they changed contracts for the remaining staff! and if they didn't sign, they were out) so these guys stopped and started their own thing.
On a better note these guys who do my mini r Grrrrrrrrrreat! my mini is now one of a kind beautiful and prices do not compare to berry's or any other dealer thus far, these guys are looking for bigger premises @ the moment, i keep going on @ them, to hurry up,they have minis 2 and they r better than mine, anyways they r based in London west and have offers of a franchise , they somtimes can come 2 me, but they r very busy and they r getting ready for the L2b run and invited all there customers who havent been to join them, they r great, get them b4 Everyone know's they r hot, price will stay the same (just don't say i said that) if your interested in them let me know ill pass u their number.
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 12:56 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male
Interesting post b4byx, you have PM.
Old Jun 13th, 2009, 02:19 AM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Female
Yikes NEVER use them..bunch of market traders in sales dept... servicing guys all polite but my mini came back never quite fixed or right so many problems i bought my 1st mini from berry chiswick it was a complete nightmare...bought my 2nd mini from park lane who are a delight. All the franchises are just rubbish....MINI
Park Lane is not a franchise, buy & service from there if poss just dont use chiswick...they made my life hell. Owning a mini should be a delight not a nightmare.
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 10:52 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom
I've had a few problems with Chiswick and only used them as they were really close to work. However the last straw has been broken. Took my MCS in for an MOT. MOT not too bad but told needed new control arm bushings which I accepted. However, having got the car back the engine is suddenly massively louder and rattles. Going back Monday to complain and get them to fix it. But will never use again!
Old Dec 1st, 2009, 05:13 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom View kosmickid2000's Classified Ads
Avoid Berry's at all costs. Took my S in for a service there and it had a healthcheck which came back with 2K of work that "needed" to be done. I was very dubious about what the advisor was telling me as he didn't seem to very well qualified and I felt I was being lied to when I questioned him closely. Took my car to an independent garage near me and asked him to check the items that came up on the report. Surprise surprise nothing needed doing !!
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 07:41 AM
MINI2 Regular

View My MINI me and me's Chili Red & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper Diesel Clubman Profile View My MINI me and me's Classified Ads
Straw-Berry

Stumbled upon this as I am thinking of putting my name down for a Paceman test drive and they are close. I have used them a lot in the past and just thought they were just a little lack lustre rather than as bad as the thread suggests. They have some good passionate staff on board and tend to get to root cause of issues but unfortunately not always. In my experience the Sales staff seem a little uninformed at times but that could be the approach taken to training.

I shall call him..."MINI-Me"! Silver/Black MC 2002-2006 - "MINI Me Too" Chilli Red MCS auto 2006-2008 - MINI Me III Mini Dooper Clubman auto 2008-2012 RIP .......2012 The abominable Skoda Yeti!
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 11:53 AM
MINI2 Premium Member
MINI2 Master

United Kingdom Male
Perhaps someone needs to send all this to BMW then?
BMW reckon their dealerships are cock on, so obviously theyre not, maybe they need to send some secret auditors in.
The other point is its not correct to go naming individual people here where its a public site, whether they are in the wrong or not, it could make it awkward if that person reads this or gets to know about it and decide to start legal proceedings against the site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement