MINI Cooper Forum banner

Clutch Replacement for Countryman S ALL4

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  LC_Nirvana 
#1 ·
Now that MINI has recognized a clutch design error on the 2010-2012 Countryman S ALL, has anyone spoke to thier dealership about getting it replaced under "warranty"?

I am just curious to see what message corporate headquarters is giving the dealerships. Please share your stories -the good, the bad, and the ugly. It sounded like Automobile Magazine had to put in a fight after their clutch went Ka-put after 12K miles.

#2 ·
Dealership Help Denied

My Countryman S February 2011 has now suffered a burnt clutch after a long list of other issues. It has only 35,000 kms so it was a big surprise to me. I was even more surprised to learn that this is a common issue and has been the subject of many forum postings and magazine articles. ( I should have been reading these before the problem)

Anyway, my dealer is not helping which was the biggest surprise of all! Guarnieri Marbella Spain seems to believe that my wife and I don't know how to drive a manual transmission. €1700 for the repair even though it is still under warranty and the issue is fully documented by hundreds of others.

I would love to sell the car after the repair but I would truly feel sorry for anyone buying this car. What an utter waste of our money and time.

It's a shame BMW can't deliver what its says on the box: 1.6 liter 184 horse six speed piece of absolute rubbish.

I'll publish the full service history in the next posting. It's astonishing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.