MINI Cooper Forum banner

Minitech - Southend, Essex

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JasonHubbard 
#1 ·
Hi all, I'm not one to post often but quietly lurk in the background reading all the threads, some great information I've found on this (and other) forums, thanks everyone.

I believe in giving credit where credits due and I wanted to share my experience with Kevin at Minitech, Southend, superb!

I have an 07 R56 S that needed new pads and discs all round, I found Minitech near my place of work and saw some great reviews so booked it in, mentioned that my timing chain needed doing at some point so he took a quick look to see how bad it was. Surprisingly noticed that Mini had put a new chain tensioner in a couple of months ago without telling me after I paid for them to diagnose it (trying to pursue a good will contribution, failed), nice of them but thought they would've mentioned it.

Anyway, booked it in again last week for Kev to do the timing chain kit and I couldn't be happier, he did a superb job, great service! I booked it in for the timing chain but he also fitted a new alternator belt, did a walnut shell de-coke, removed the broken plastic guide bits that had dropped down into the sump, fixed water ingress into my fog light and fixed my S grille badge properly into position. He went above and beyond and did a brilliant job, it runs beautifully now and I'd recommend him to anyone. He has an R56 S himself too so knows the engines inside out.

Thanks Kev, definitely my go to guy from now on!

Matt

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.