| || || |
Forum/Site User Guide & FAQ
|Site Guidelines |
- RESPECT OTHER MEMBERS
Please be considerate to other members. Personal attacks, threats and flames will not be tolerated.
If you're considering replying to a post that has in someway upset or offended you, please click to report the post to our moderators, rather than risk inflaming a situation or causing unintended offense yourself.
If you're asked to do something by a moderator, please don't ignore them.
- KEEP IT CLEAN
Posting explicit, obscene or vulgar language or images, and soliciting or offering explicit, X-rated, or similar content is strictly forbidden.
- KEEP IT LEGAL
Discussing "street racing" or other illegal activities, or those that could endanger members of the public is strictly forbidden.
- PROMOTE ONLY AS A SPONSOR
If you're a company representative wishing to promote your business on MINI2, you must be a MINI2 Sponsor.
Promoting Products and Services
- SELL ONLY IN THE CLASSIFIEDS
If you're an individual wishing to sell MINI related items, please use the MINI2 Classifieds, not the forum.
- FOLLOW POSTING ETIQUETTE
Please use a Forums Search and/or check the FAQ & DIY Section before posting, to ensure you aren't asking a question that has been asked before or starting a thread on a topic which has been brought up previously.
Please start threads in the appropriate forum and don't start the same thread in multiple forums.
Please use thread titles which reflect the content of the message you're posting.
Please don't disrupt technical or site feedback threads with banter or "hijack" such threads by changing the subject.
Please don't use swear words or spell or format them to avoid the censor filter.
Please refrain from using text speak as this can be construed as confusing, unclear or just plain rude.
Help make finding technical information easier
- USE CLICKABLE THUMBNAILS
Posting images as clickable thumbnails makes threads load faster and makes threads easier to read. These are recommended for a single image in a post and required for multiple images.
How do I include a picture in a post?
- FOLLOW SIGNATURE GUIDELINES
How do I get a signature to appear on my posts?
- Signatures are considered part of a post and therefore subject to the same guidelines
- Private Messages and Pages reported because they breach guidelines are no longer considered "private"
- Banners in signatures used to promoting competing MINI Sites will not be allowed
|Promoting Products and Services / Selling Items |
MINI2 would cease to exist if it were not for the companies who pay to promote their products and services, and the support of members who pay a little each year for extra privileges. In return for their support Sponsor's are free to promote their products in any forum, while Premium Members have the exclusive right to highlight their Ads in the MINI2 Classifieds, as well as include multiple images and use bold and italic text in them.
If you are a company representative wishing to promote your products on MINI2, please click here to find out how to become a Sponsor.
If you are an individual wanting to learn more about all the other benefits of Premium Membership, please click here for the details.
To assure fairness to Sponsors and Privilege Members certain restrictions have placed been on promoting products and services and selling or seeking private party items:
Product and Service Promotions
MINI2 encourages open discussion of all products and services for the MINI, yet it must ensure that these discussions do not undermine the benefits of our Sponsors, one of which is to openly sell and promote in any forum.
With respect to non-sponsor products and services, users may:
- start a thread asking for information or feedback on a product or service
- start a thread reviewing a product fitted or service performed on their MINI
- post a reply in a thread discussing it or a similar product or service
Unless the information is solicited, users may NOT post:
- email addresses or telephone numbers of suppliers
- promotional or "sales talk" messages
The above applies to individuals. Companies or their representatives cannot post pricing, contact information or anything promotional unless they are a Sponsor.
Group buys can only be arranged with companies who are MINI2 Sponsors.
For Sale or Wanted Items
Private party items for sale or wanted may only be posted in the MINI2 Classifieds.
Signature lines with items for sale or wanted are not permitted and will be removed to avoid signature spamming.
|Sponsor Guidelines |
- Each Sponsor will have their own forum to announce new products, group buys or special offers, provide news on product development, answer questions regarding their products, etc:
- Forums which are moderated by a Sponsor or their representative are open for posting to all but other Sponsors
- Forums without moderators are closed and serve only as a link to the Sponsor's website
- Sponsors will use Standardized Thread Tags on all their business related threads to make them easier for members and guests to find
- Sponsors may start product announcement and product under development threads in public forums, but here they are open to free discussion, where claims can be questioned and alternative products can be suggested by other members
- Sponsors are subject to same Site Guidelines as any other member, and any posts in other Sponsor product announcement or product under development threads which are seen as attempts to promote their own products, discredit the other Sponsor or send the thread off topic will result in disciplinary action
- Sponsor product announcement or product under development threads started in public forums will be moved to the Sponsor's forum if:
- the Sponsor wants a redirect for multiple forum exposure, in which case the thread will be given a 1 month redirect in the public forum
- the thread is reported and necessitates Moderator intervention, in which case the thread will be given a 1 week redirect in the public forum
| » Recent Threads |
| | Missing fuse
Today 06:55 AM
Today 08:18 AM
2 Replies, 106 Views
| » Wheel & Tire Center |