How much do you pay in insurance? - Page 3 - MINI Cooper Forum

Finance & Insurance Use this forum to discuss financing and insuring your MINI

 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #31 of 137 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Rikki
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Yorkshire
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
How has he managed that at 17 years old? ask him which insurance company he is using please! Adrian Flux have quoted 4.4k - so im probably going to take that, ill give them a call tomorrow! I would need more than 3k driving limit thought, probably around 20-25k. I travel to scotland from yorkshire quite frequently.

Regards,
Rikki


Regards,
Rikki
RikkiWhitehead is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 137 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2011, 11:57 AM
MINI2 Privilege Member
Super Moderator
 
minicore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancashire
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Posts: 4,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View minicore's Chili Red & Body Color 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikkiWhitehead View Post
How has he managed that at 17 years old? ask him which insurance company he is using please! Adrian Flux have quoted 4.4k - so im probably going to take that, ill give them a call tomorrow! I would need more than 3k driving limit thought, probably around 20-25k. I travel to scotland from yorkshire quite frequently.
I'm pretty sure it's either Endsleigh or CIS Insurance ("Now The Co-operative Insurance") - I will double check next time I see him. I don't think he's on very limited mileage either - just something sensible like 10k, but probably less than you're looking at declaring. If you're getting quotes based on 25k/year, that's probably got something to do with the silly prices!

What postcode area are you in... I see you're from West Yorkshire? My mate moved from a BB postcode to a BD postcode (specifically Bradford) a couple of years and his insurance nearly tripled as a result!

minicore is offline  
post #33 of 137 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2011, 01:34 PM
MINI2 Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wirral
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
United-Kingdom Insurance

Hey guess I found flux direct to be the best 600 quid to insure my mcs 2003 fully comp.
markyboym is offline  
 
post #34 of 137 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2011, 09:23 PM
Rikki
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Yorkshire
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by minicore View Post
I'm pretty sure it's either Endsleigh or CIS Insurance ("Now The Co-operative Insurance") - I will double check next time I see him. I don't think he's on very limited mileage either - just something sensible like 10k, but probably less than you're looking at declaring. If you're getting quotes based on 25k/year, that's probably got something to do with the silly prices!

What postcode area are you in... I see you're from West Yorkshire? My mate moved from a BB postcode to a BD postcode (specifically Bradford) a couple of years and his insurance nearly tripled as a result!
Endsleigh is 6600 - and it is HX - prices are soaring in HX as the people in the area are crashing there cars deliberately, or trying to cause an accident so they can claim off there insurnace - if i use a HD postcode then the price drops around 600 quid. However i dont fancy fiddling addresses or anything incase i do end up having a bump. The prices havent really varied much with regards to mileage - What i could do if it does change is quote up to 10k mileage a year, and i go a bit over i guess it wont really matter? The CIS group fit a tracker to your car so they monitor all your speed, rate of acceleration, rate of cornering, g-forces, braking methods etc etc - id prefer to pay a bit more of a premium and drive more relaxed, not as if i am still in my test haha - i will keep you updated about adriun flux - im hoping to put some spotlights on the front of the mini - so when i drive in scotland i can actually see! will this affect the insurance much?

Regards,
Rikki

Regards,
Rikki

Last edited by minicore; Jan 1st, 2012 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Site Guidelines
RikkiWhitehead is offline  
post #35 of 137 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 2012, 11:07 AM
MINI2 Privilege Member
Super Moderator
 
minicore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancashire
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Posts: 4,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View minicore's Chili Red & Body Color 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile
 
Yeah, definitely best to be honest as far as your actual address and mileage is concerned. As you say, if you have a bump, or the car is stolen, you're likely to end up in trouble! Where are you saying the car is parked overnight, and during the day - road, garage, car park etc?

You could get covered based on 10k, and if you're going to go over, you can call them and have your policy adjusted, although it'll obviously increase your premium mid-policy.

Didn't realise CIS were into the whole black box thing, but if it keeps your insurance sensible, surely it's worth it? What have the quoted? Doesn't mean you need to drive like an old woman, but you shouldn't be hooning around anyway!

Spotlights shouldn't add anything to the price, but probably best to mention them as they could be deemed a modification depending on the insurer...

Keep us posted!
minicore is offline  
post #36 of 137 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 10:07 PM
Rikki
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Yorkshire
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by minicore View Post
Yeah, definitely best to be honest as far as your actual address and mileage is concerned. As you say, if you have a bump, or the car is stolen, you're likely to end up in trouble! Where are you saying the car is parked overnight, and during the day - road, garage, car park etc?

You could get covered based on 10k, and if you're going to go over, you can call them and have your policy adjusted, although it'll obviously increase your premium mid-policy.

Didn't realise CIS were into the whole black box thing, but if it keeps your insurance sensible, surely it's worth it? What have the quoted? Doesn't mean you need to drive like an old woman, but you shouldn't be hooning around anyway!

Spotlights shouldn't add anything to the price, but probably best to mention them as they could be deemed a modification depending on the insurer...

Keep us posted!
I have noticed that they cant actually check how many miles you have done, they dont ask for the mileage on the car, however i am probably not going to lie, adrian flux have quoted 6136 for 20k miles p/a. However that is subject to joining a mini club - northernmini class as a mini club? or does mini2 premium class as a mini club? - and Co-op quoted me 9 grand haha - ouchie! however thats without the box - but sometimes theose boxes mean you cant drive at night, well thats no good for me, when i go to scotland i will be setting off tea time (after college) - 9 hour drive - so thats out of the question. I will just have to pay it, however after one year it is 1500 - i will be 19 with 1yr NCB fingers crossed.

I'll keep you posted

Regards,
Rikki
RikkiWhitehead is offline  
post #37 of 137 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 10:19 PM
MINI2 Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Drizzle Valley
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Posts: 849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Female
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikkiWhitehead View Post
I have noticed that they cant actually check how many miles you have done, they dont ask for the mileage on the car, however i am probably not going to lie, adrian flux have quoted 6136 for 20k miles p/a. However that is subject to joining a mini club - northernmini class as a mini club? or does mini2 premium class as a mini club? - and Co-op quoted me 9 grand haha - ouchie! however thats without the box - but sometimes theose boxes mean you cant drive at night, well thats no good for me, when i go to scotland i will be setting off tea time (after college) - 9 hour drive - so thats out of the question. I will just have to pay it, however after one year it is 1500 - i will be 19 with 1yr NCB fingers crossed.

I'll keep you posted
NorthernMINI is classed as a club by most insurance brokers and you should get any discounts for club membership if you become a member- why not, it costs nowt and there's more to it than cheap insurance
S8RAH is offline  
post #38 of 137 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2012, 10:36 PM
Rikki
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Yorkshire
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8RAH View Post
NorthernMINI is classed as a club by most insurance brokers and you should get any discounts for club membership if you become a member- why not, it costs nowt and there's more to it than cheap insurance
I have isnged up i am just awaiting activation on their side There ideally located actually as majority of their sort of meets ate nicely just up the M6 or M1, either one is the same distance along the M62 and up as i am bang in the middle

Regards
Rikki!

Edit: Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum.

Regards,
Rikki
RikkiWhitehead is offline  
post #39 of 137 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2012, 08:31 AM
MINI2 Privilege Member
Super Moderator
 
minicore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancashire
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Posts: 4,644
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View minicore's Chili Red & Body Color 2nd Gen MINI John Cooper Works Profile
 
Speaking of NorthernMINI, have you tried Chris Knott Insurance? They're affiliated with the club and had garnered some good feedback on the forum last time I checked.

Gotta be worth a shot before blowing 6k!

That said, I am a big fan of Adrian Flux... still, not sure I could justify 6k, but they're a good bunch in my experience.
minicore is offline  
post #40 of 137 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Rikki
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Yorkshire
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male
 
Unfortunately I don't meet the requirements. Must be 19 for TPFT or 22 for fully Comprehensive. Also must have had license for a year, which I haven't, which is a shame but hey, Adrian flux seem good, quick to answer the phone etc, 6K is a lot but hey, guess I really like minis (:

Regards,
Rikki
Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app


Regards,
Rikki
RikkiWhitehead is offline  
post #41 of 137 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2012, 04:41 PM
MINI2 Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom
 
2600 as a named driver but i am 17
StokeyMax is offline  
post #42 of 137 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2012, 04:59 PM
MINI2 Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom
 
seems a bit steep compared to others! I had so much hassle trying to sort it all out just gave up in the end and went for the high price, should never had told them about the 18" wheels!!!
StokeyMax is offline  
post #43 of 137 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2012, 01:23 AM
MINI2 Regular
 
SneakinHysteria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Windsor, Berks., UK
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male View SneakinHysteria's Classified Ads
 
34, male, 7yrs ncb, protected, fully comp., Reading...., and my girl is a registered driver (always helps).

Compare the market best: 950
Admiral: 993.04
Directline (had previous car insured there): 620 w. 450 excess (went that high as I have a small accident damage insurance with the dealership)

Still steep but I guess its down to location.

Ridiculous thing is that i had to cancel and sign up new customer as they wouldn't match their quote when changing cars. Brainless zombie f*cktards. They even sent me a letter asking for the previous NCB proof. D'oh!
SneakinHysteria is offline  
post #44 of 137 (permalink) Old Jan 17th, 2012, 11:49 AM
MINI2 Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Local Time: 04:13 AM
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom
 
I have been quoted 1500 with Admiral for my Mini JCW. I've got 1 years no claims. 6 points on my license. The next quote up from that was a company called Bell who quoted me 1700. The good thing about these two companies is that you can build your no claims up by insuring your car for 10months which will entitle you to gain an extra year no claims.
dan_emmanuel is offline  
post #45 of 137 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 2012, 08:32 PM
MINI2 Newbie
 
kaymini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Berkshire
Local Time: 05:13 AM
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Female
 
Smile

I pay 700ish for my Mini Cooper S with Admiral multi car Female, 24, near Ascot. 3 yrs no claims and 1 accident a couple of years back. My 23 yr old bf is included on that too.
kaymini is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply
Tags:


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pay As You Drive Insurance - UK Restyle Finance & Insurance 14 Jun 17th, 2008 09:40 PM
Insurance - How Much do you pay? Dave_Boost777 Finance & Insurance 44 Apr 16th, 2007 12:40 AM
Insurance GTT MCS - What do you pay and with who? REHW Finance & Insurance 18 Nov 13th, 2006 09:50 PM
Insurance companies - helpful and pay-up, or not? bwsCat Finance & Insurance 1 Nov 24th, 2005 12:47 PM
LONG wait for my Insurance to pay out!!!!!?? Ibb Finance & Insurance 11 Apr 26th, 2002 06:52 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome