post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 2012, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 11:01 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

Insurance

Hi Guys,

Well I have taken the plunge and take delivery of my 04 Cooper S on Friday afternoon , I have been looking at insurance and it goes up a bit and with some companys a lot .

Who is everone insured with and at what sort of cost ???

I'm not exactly a boy racer I will be 43 in 7 days time and with an impecable driving record, my missus is 41 with 1 claim in the last 3 years.

Regards
Stan.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2012, 11:57 AM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 12:01 AM

United Kingdom Male View Sesqui89's Classified Ads

United-Kingdom

Hello, hope you enjoy the Cooper S!

I'm 22 with 5 years Driving experience, 2 years NCB, 3 points. Will be paying around £750 for 12 months with Admiral when I pick up my R56 Cooper S.

I know that probably doesn't help much given my lack of driving experience in comparison to you but hopefully you'll be paying a lot less!

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 2012, 07:11 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male

Just been quoted £344 with privilege fully comp with business, can't get better than that I suppose.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 2012, 02:17 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male

Unfortunately, due to how the system works, I'm getting a pretty raw deal. I'm 36, and have been driving for 20 years. However, I recently moved to the UK so it's a technicality in how insurance companies see me. I might as well be 16 and have had multiple accidents.

Over £2k for a JCW is what I've been quoted from Admiral.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 2012, 02:53 PM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male View Liam mini 35's Classified Ads

Iam 23 with 5 years driving and 2 years no claims. Got a quote off admiral for £900, went onto admiral multi car in the end with my 21 year old brother who has a fieseta st, he also has 2 years no claims. I pay £570 and he pays £1000. Both fully comp with 30 days international cover. And with multicar they only ask for convictions etc in the 3 years not 5.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 18th, 2012, 06:23 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male View Sesqui89's Classified Ads

United-Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam mini 35 View Post
Iam 23 with 5 years driving and 2 years no claims. Got a quote off admiral for £900, went onto admiral multi car in the end with my 21 year old brother who has a fieseta st, he also has 2 years no claims. I pay £570 and he pays £1000. Both fully comp with 30 days international cover. And with multicar they only ask for convictions etc in the 3 years not 5.
That's a pretty good price on the Multicar Policy! May look into doing something similar with the Mrs...
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 10:32 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom

Just insured an 2003 MCS works (73K miles) which I bought a couple of weeks ago. I'm 48 and have 2 yrs NCB (down from 4 owing to a claim for damage resulting from an attempted theft last october, grrr). Car is parked on street in a relatively high risk urban area. I had trouble finding a decent quote but after a bit of negotiating my current insurer Elephant.co.uk came through with a price of £560 for comprehensive including legal expenses, courtesy car and 2nd named driver (but theres a £150 mandatory excess and a £450 voluntary). This was a lot better than any other quote I could find.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2012, 03:38 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male

I pay £300 with sheilas wheels!!
On a 2004 Cooper S 42 Year old nutter and 37 year old witch, both clean license and 11 years NCB and protected.
Parked on driveway in a low risk area.
£150 mandatory excess and a £100 voluntary
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2012, 05:51 PM
MINI2 Senior

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

48, more than 7 years NCB and I am paying just on £200 (although it is a 2010 Cooper D Convertible) That is on an Aviva Multicar with my 2 daughters cars on it as well.

We were with Admiral, fantastic price on their multicar for 3 years but they were pipped this year by Aviva but I will give them a call next renewal.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2012, 04:45 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male

Am 20 and have had my licence just under 2 years - Got 1 years no claims and i pay £1198 on multicar with Admiral for a 05 Cooper S

Not bad for my age :P They wanted about £5000 on price comparison sites o_O

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:37 AM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Female

I'd recommend admiral multicar, no other insurer seems to get close to their prices. I've got a Cooper and have been driving two years and coming up to three years no claims and I've just turned £20 and it's £500. My dads car is £200 to insure and my mums is £150. They are brilliant imo
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:09 AM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom

Iím with Admiral, 23 years old living in Devon. Iíve been driving for 4 years and had an accident last month. Cost me £700 fully comp for a 2004 Cooper S with 1 NCB.
(I had my cancellation certificate from my last insurer come through last week which said I still had 3 Years NCB after my accident? So told Admiral and they refunded my £31).
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2012, 06:23 PM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male

Im 21 and have just brought an '07 Cooper S and love it.

I work for an insurance company but unfortunately they wont insure me due to car categories and age. Im paying £900 for myself and my 22 yr old girlfriend with Admiral as they favour young drivers. Insuring with your spouse/partner will always make it cheaper.

Always best to search around but stay away from brokers!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Hire character Train skil

United States Female

Some Important Tips for your new car insurance

Step 1: Adjudge How Abundant Advantage You Need

To acquisition the appropriate auto insurance, alpha by addition out the bulk of advantage you need. This varies from accompaniment to state, so yield a moment to acquisition out what advantage is appropriate area you live. You will acquisition a account of anniversary state's requirements and an account of the assorted types of allowance in "How Abundant Car Allowance Do You Need?" Also, analysis out "Little-Known but Important Car Allowance Issues," which has a comment of basal allowance terminology. If you're a first-time disciplinarian and charge a absolute overview of car allowance afore you go on, analysis this adviser from the National Association of Allowance Commissioners. Now you're accessible to accomplish a account of the altered types of advantage you are considering.

Once you apperceive what's required, you can adjudge what you need. Some humans are absolutely cautious. They abject their lives on worst-case scenarios and allowance companies adulation that. Allowance companies are in the blow business, and they apperceive a policyholder's likelihood of getting in an accident, as able-bodied as how acceptable it is for a car to be damaged or stolen. The allowance aggregation crunches the advice it has calm over decades into actuarial tables that accord adjustors a quick attending at the anticipation of just about any occurrence. You don't accept those accoutrement at your disposal, so your accommodation will depend on your own bulk of abundance in bold a assertive akin of risk.

Experts acclaim that if you accept a lot of assets, you should get abundant accountability advantage to assure them. Let's say you accept $50,000 of actual abrasion accountability advantage but $100,000 in claimed assets. If you're at accountability in an accident, attorneys for the added affair could go afterwards you for the $50,000 in medical bills that aren't covered by your policy.

General recommendations for accountability banned are $50,000 actual abrasion accountability for one getting afflicted in an accident, $100,000 for all humans afflicted in an blow and $25,000 acreage blow accountability (usually bidding in allowance autograph as 50/100/25). Actuality again, let your banking bearings be your guide. If you accept no assets that an advocate can seek, don't buy advantage unnecessarily.

Your active habits ability aswell be a application in free the advantage you need. If your accomplished is abounding with channelled fenders, or if you accept a advance foot, or if you accomplish a continued drive on a betraying ambagious alley every day, again you should get added complete coverage. Blow advantage pays for blow that your car adventures in an blow or blow from hitting an azoic article (a tree, ablaze column or fence, for example). Absolute advantage addresses blow that didn't action in a blow — such as from fire, annexation or flood. It aswell covers damaged windshields.

Keep in apperception that you don't accept to buy blow and absolute coverage. Let's say your car is older, you accept a acceptable active almanac and there is little likelihood that your car would be totaled in an accident, but a top likelihood of it getting stolen. Again you could buy absolute advantage and skip the blow insurance.

Step 2: Analysis Your Accepted Allowance Policy

Read through your accepted action or acquaintance your auto allowance aggregation to get the advice you need. Jot down the bulk of advantage you accept now and how abundant you are paying for it. Yield agenda of the annual and account amount of your insurance, back abounding of your quotes will be accustomed both ways. Now you accept a amount to beat.

Step 3: Analysis Your Active Record

You should apperceive how abounding tickets you accept had recently. If you can't bethink how continued that dispatch admission has been on your record, analysis with your state's administration of motor vehicles. If a admission or credibility you becoming are about to disappear, appropriately convalescent your active record, delay until that happens afore you get quotes. Nothing drives up the amount of allowance like a bad active record.

Step 4: Solicit Competitive Quotes

Now it's time to alpha shopping. Set abreast at atomic an hour for this task. Accept at duke your accepted allowance policy, your disciplinarian authorization amount and your car registration. You can activate with online services. If you go to an online website to get a adduce for an allowance rate, you can blazon in your advice and activate to body a account of companies for allusive quotes. Accumulate in apperception that not all allowance companies participate in these one-stop-shopping sites, however. If a advocacy from accompany and ancestors or added analysis credibility to a aggregation that you anticipate ability be a winner, you can go anon to its Web website or alarm its toll-free amount to get a quote.

Each adduce anatomy takes about 15 account anniversary to complete. It ability be able-bodied account your time, back if the absolute arcade action takes you two hours and you save $800, you're finer earning $400 an hour.

When you use these sites, you ability not get burning quotes. Some companies may acquaintance you after by e-mail. Some that are not "direct providers" ability put you in blow with a bounded agent, who will again account a adduce for you. (A absolute provider like Geico sells allowance behavior anon to consumers. Added companies, such as Accompaniment Farm, advertise allowance through bounded agents.) You can apprentice added about the assorted kinds of agents here.

Step 5: Gather Quotes and Aggregation Information

While you're researching companies, yield accurate addendum so you can calmly accomplish amount and advantage comparisons. Accumulate a account of:

Annual and account ante for the altered types of coverage. Accomplish abiding to accumulate the advantage banned the aforementioned so you can accomplish apples-to-apples comparisons for amount and coverage.

The allowance company's 800 blast number, so you can get answers to questions you couldn't acquisition online.

The allowance company's transaction policy. When is the transaction due? What kinds of transaction affairs are available? What happens if you're backward in authoritative a payment?

In after steps, you'll add some added advice to this list.

Step 6: Plan the Phones

Once you accept aggregate advice online, it's time to plan the phones. Acquaintance those companies from which you haven't been able to get an online quote. Doing the analysis by buzz can in fact be easier and faster than on the Internet, provided you accept your disciplinarian authorization and car allotment abutting at hand. When you get a adduce over the phone, be abiding to affirm the amount by allurement the adumbrative to e-mail the adduce to you.

Step 7: Attending for Discounts

When you're authoritative these calls and arcade online, accomplish abiding you analyze all your options apropos to discounts. Allowance companies accord discounts for such things as a acceptable active record, your car's assurance or aegis accessories and assertive occupations or able affiliations. Some companies are now alms lower ante if you accept in "pay as you drive" plans. Some will accord abundant discounts for adolescent drivers in the ancestors who accept top grade-point averages. (You can use this as an allurement to your boyhood drivers and action to allotment the accumulation with them.) Aswell accede application the aforementioned allowance aggregation for home and auto policies. That will usually get you a bigger price. For added advice on discounts, analysis out "How to Save Money on Car Insurance" and "Top 10 Means To Lower Your Car Allowance Bill."

Step 8: Assess the Allowance Company's Track Record

You now accept a lot of of the amount and advantage advice that you charge to accomplish a decision. You can see which company's advantage is atomic expensive, but it's important to accumulate in apperception that bargain isn't the alone base for allotment an insurer. How do you apperceive which aggregation is financially sound? How do you acquisition out if an allowance aggregation is traveling to amusement you appropriate — decidedly in the accident of a claim?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2014, 08:07 AM
MINI2 Privilege Member
MINI2 Master

Quoted: 53 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

I found Swinton the cheapest when doing a search but stuck with the dearer MINI Insurance one as I couldnt be bothered faffing around with documentation etc, you have to sort out each time you change.
That said the MINI one was only £200 so not to worry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.