MINI Cooper Forum banner

new insurance renewal help!

7K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  SeanC 
#1 ·
Hi all im new to the forum i have an r56 mini cooper s. the car is cracking and so fun to drive!!! looking to mod little things like lights and maybe new wheels. thoughts and feedback with your experience with this would be great. Also looking for best insurers to insure my beast who do you all recommend

#6 ·
Call Adrian Flux. Great knowledgeable folk. Know all about minis. Place it with underwriter who allows you mods. Lot of the heavy modders on Miitorque use them. They didn't blink about mild changes I want to make - non run-flats, Milltek exhaust, decent air intake.

#7 ·
I agree with that bit about ensuring your insurer allows your mods. A lot of insurers are iffy when it comes to changing stock parts on your car and you're going to want to make sure that everything you’ve put on there is going to be covered when push comes to shove. I should think getting insured is a hit and miss kind of thing though. As long as it's a reliable company that you're comparing against other reliable companies, just go for the one that offers you comprehensive car insurance at the best rate.

#8 ·
Thread Resurrection.
Rang Adrian Flux to tell them about the modifications I've just fitted to my 2005 R53 MCS. Bit of a 'heart in mouth' moment!
Put on non-runflats, Milltek non-res exhaust, Orranje Stealth Cold Air Intake.
Added to my policy details - no problem, no questions, no charge.
Brilliant. Exactly as they said it would be when I decided to go with them. Well technically not WITH them VIA them. They are a broker. They placed my policy with an underwriter who is happy with moded cars and doesn't refuse to insure you or charge you additional premium.

#9 ·
My renewal came through last week at £174 (fully comp) so I told Admiral that I'd think about it unless this was their best offer? I reminded them that my car had front and rear cctv and was put on hold for a minute. Bloke came back with £154, result! The R50 was £127 but cancelled that as I've taken it off the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.