MINI Cooper Forum banner

Cost of owning a mini diesel?

7K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  JasonNorin 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm thinking of buying a 2007 -2009 mini cooper diesel. I'm interested in finding out the running costs of a mini diesel before I buy one .e.g. how much mileage you get out of a fuel of tank and costs, and especially servicing costs, etc.
Also if anyone knows of any 2007- 2009 mini cooper diesel's for sale with low mileage (up to 40,000) please let me know. Thanks, Rachael

#2 ·
Hi
I have a 2011 bmw mini one diesel, which I have had for 1 year now, best car I have ever owned!
No road tax
55-60 mpg
£123.00 per year fully comp insurance, 2 to drive, protected bonus (through quidco!)
servicing for 5 years, breakdown cover
Brilliant car! No real issues just a couple of niggly ones (dealt with at main dealers under warranty!)
Hope you manage to find one (go for the best you can afford)
Regards
Paul:)

#3 ·
Rachael

The mini cooper D built in those years had a Peugeot Citroen Group (PSA) 1.6 turbodiesel. The later and current cars have BMW engines.

I owned a PSA engined car for 2 years from new.

It regularly did 60mpg and RFL was £25 if I remember correctly.

Most minis came with TLC from new which covered the first 5 years / 50k miles servicing and was extendable.

It was reliable and reasonably quick but noisy and there have been issues with engine power delivery - hesitation and flat spots most of which the dealers refuse to acknowledge. There is much information on this forum.

Bozzer

#7 ·
I really struggled with trying to get discounts, I dont think it helped that the sales person had to keep going to the manager to see what the apr etc was. the most I managed to get for the 10 plate was that I now dont have to put my car through its mot but Im beginning to think its not worth it for a 4 year old car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.