LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2015, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 02:20 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Finance pricing

Hi everyone

I'm new to this forum but have spent a few months browsing about.
Im basically thinking about buying a new mini, either a one D or a cooper D. I currently own a 05 plate ford ka which I have had for five years now since passing my driving test and has done me well. But I'm now in a position where I can hopefully afford my dream car now that Im finished from uni.

Just wondering what kind of monthly payments am I looking at realistically with finance? I know this depends on which model I go for and what extras I add. Im not looking for something highly specced as Im not massively into all that Jazz. Probably looking at either pepper or chilli pack with visual boost radio, black alloys, spare tyre, chrome exterior, white indicator and thats about it for extras.

Im just interested in what monthly pricing to expect before I go to the dealers this weekend!

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Oh and i live in the UK!

Thanks! x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 2015, 07:25 AM
Malcolm

Local Time: 03:20 AM

Scotland Male View goodingm's Hyper Blue & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View goodingm's Classified Ads

have a look on MIni.uk at the offers , they give lots of examples of finance and you can build your own using different deposits etc.
https://www.mini.co.uk/en_GB/home/lo...-own-deal.html

Last edited by goodingm; Aug 18th, 2015 at 07:28 AM. Reason: weblink added
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 2015, 12:11 PM
MINI2 Senior

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

United Kingdom Male

There are so many options with finance. I have just bought a new Roadster and the dealer was SOOOOOOOO keen to push me down the Personal Contact Plan route, so much so that they were pushing me to even have money back from the car I was trading in to just go for the minimum deposit.

You can flex the deposit and the term to suit and the MINI website has a tool where you can play around with the finance and compare deals, it is really good.

I am quite averse to finance, I like to know that I actually own my car so if i were to lose my job I didn't have to find 275 a month or whatever or give the car back.

In the end I went for a relatively small amount of finance over 3 years because the rate was so low, it made more sense to keep some money in my account earning more.

Everyone is different but what I would say is don't let yourself get bullied into something that you either don't want or are not comfortable with. Finance is a great way to get the car you want but remember, the dealer is making a fair bit of money on the finance deal so that is why they are keen for you to do it, it is not just all about making it work for you.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.
KidneySD likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2017, 05:24 AM
Hey Hey

Local Time: 02:20 AM

Australia Male

I would personally suggest that you start doing research on your financing BEFORE you go to the dealership because the pricing for the cars themselves are mostly published publicly so it'll be easy to see what the total damage looks like at the end of the day. You'll want to compare interest rates for the different types of loans and know what to expect. When you get to the dealership, you tell them your best price and best rate and if they can't beat it, get financed somewhere outside of their office. Good luck and Congratulations on your graduation!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2017, 07:38 AM
MINI2 Master

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)

United Kingdom

I think they would have graduated and probably paid off their finance by now!

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.