MINI Cooper Forum banner

Insurance for 19 years old on Cooper S Convertible

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  RedMini 
#1 ·
Hi.

Does anybody know which company would insure a 19 years old man as an additional driver on a Cooper S convertible ?

If so, how much are we talking about ?

Thanks.

Alex

#5 ·
roc888 said:
Hi.

Does anybody know which company would insure a 19 years old man as an additional driver on a Cooper S convertible ?

If so, how much are we talking about ?

Thanks.

Alex
not many - if ANY - MOST for the cooper s (hardtop) require the driver to be 21 and have @least 2 years driving expierence! - so for the cab - its gottabe HARDER to get insured!

#6 ·
Have you tried mini insurance?
Go to www.mini.co.uk - cheaper on the internet.

I'm 21 and getting a mini one - with lots of spec. Other insurers wouldn't touch me but mini gave me a good deal and didn't charge extra for the spec i.e. spoler, bigger alloys, tinted glass and bonnet stripes and roof decals (which I believe some charge more for).

I do have 4 years no claims though.
:eb: :D

#7 ·
carla_pink said:
Have you tried mini insurance?
Go to www.mini.co.uk - cheaper on the internet.

I'm 21 and getting a mini one - with lots of spec. Other insurers wouldn't touch me but mini gave me a good deal and didn't charge extra for the spec i.e. spoler, bigger alloys, tinted glass and bonnet stripes and roof decals (which I believe some charge more for).

I do have 4 years no claims though.
:eb: :D
its still a mini one though sweetie-pie! ahh huh!! - when it comes to the MCS it seems to be a 21 age limit and 2 years driving expierence - with or without no claims! -and thats even with a basic spec!

#8 ·
i was quoted about £3k from mini for the insurance on my mcs when i was 20 in my name with no ncb. ended up waitin a few weeks til i turned 21 and insuring it in my mums name with me as an additional driver. i'm still 21 and payin £1018 with all mods declared.

#9 ·
But have you declared that it's your car and you're the main driver? Believe it or not insurance companies are wise to this one and might get a bit funny if it comes to paying out a claim.

You're never going to get any NCB in your own right either doing it in your mum's name.

#11 ·
RedMini said:
But have you declared that it's your car and you're the main driver? Believe it or not insurance companies are wise to this one and might get a bit funny if it comes to paying out a claim.

You're never going to get any NCB in your own right either doing it in your mum's name.
couple of very good points there, i've registered the mini in my mums name too so really its her car and her insurance. ;)

secondly, it's a pain in the **** not havin any ncb after 4yrs drivin without a claim or conviction and i wish i'd just got a sensible insurable car when i was 17. i'm just gonna wait til i move out of my parents n by a sensible (ish) car that i can insure in my name cos i'll have too ;)

#12 ·
That's what is crazy about NCB. I earnt mine on "ordinary" cars - and then got an MCS - now with JCW.

The good news is that you'll find that the premiums tumble as you get older - I'm 47. Even though my area is one of the highest rated there is I paid £660 with protected NCB with MINI insurance; the year before (without JCW) was £550.

I know that I could have got it even cheaper but decided to go with MINI.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.