Airbag Warning Light Petition To Bmw Uk - MINI Cooper Forum
Go Back   MINI Cooper Forum > MINI Technical Forums > MINI Faults & Fixes > First Generation Faults & Fixes

First Generation Faults & Fixes MINI faults and fixes 2001 - 2006

Mini2.com is the premier Mini Cooper Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Airbag Light and B800 reset tool showing code 1 and 15 Skitos First Generation Faults & Fixes 4 May 20th, 2014 10:19 PM
Airbag warning light Hollywood First Generation Faults & Fixes 5 Jan 10th, 2014 07:56 PM
Airbag Warning Light - Passenger Safeas First Generation Faults & Fixes 2 Aug 31st, 2012 06:39 PM
Another airbag warning light post Courtm Second Generation Faults & Fixes 2 Aug 17th, 2012 10:04 PM

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old Nov 23rd, 2006, 01:06 PM
black"n"white cooper

Local Time: 12:18 AM
United Kingdom View jairfranz's Cosmos Black & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper Profile
Post Airbag Warning Light Petition To Bmw Uk

Sunday Mirror 19th November 2006

Hi
I contacted Quentin Willson in his Sunday Mirror Motoring Column about the Airbag Warning Light Problem and as you can see from the attachment the advice is straight forward.
I would lke to ask any MODERATORS on MINI2.COM if they can get a petition up and running with names and details so that we can send it to BMW UK and get this admitted Manufacturing Fault fixed FREE OF CHARGE and with the BMW USA 10 Year/150,000 Mile Warranty. I for one am sick of being fobbed off by companies just because we are British and we wont complain!!! LETS ALL COMPLAIN AS A UNITED FRONT!

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD BELOW YOUR NAME AND THE DEALER WHERE YOU BOUGHT YOUR CAR FROM.

1. JAIR FRANZ VIESER - FAWDINGTONS NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sunday mirror copy.jpg
Views:	2297
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	124890  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 27th, 2006, 07:39 AM
black"n"white cooper

United Kingdom View jairfranz's Cosmos Black & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper Profile
by the LACK of response i assume you are all happy to pay ridiculous sums of money for an admitted manufacturing fault with the SAFETY system of your cars?
Old Nov 27th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
cave capsicum

Local Time: 01:18 AM
United Kingdom Male View Capsaisin's Chili Red & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile
Quote: Originally Posted by jairfranz (original)
by the LACK of response i assume you are all happy to pay ridiculous sums of money for an admitted manufacturing fault with the SAFETY system of your cars?

I'm also surprised by the lack of response. Personally I have no problems on my car, so guess I am complacent about that.
This is just a perfect demonstration as to why BMW do not feel it necessary to do anything about it in the UK.

Old Nov 27th, 2006, 10:33 AM
MINI2 Regular

United Kingdom Male View jez_MCSc's Pure Silver & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile
I've had this light come on twice but we worked out it was for the passenger side and they reaplaced something on it so it seems ok now, I still had the car in warranty so they didn't charge me. If it helps to add my name to the list to complain you can.
Old Nov 27th, 2006, 10:58 AM
MINI2 Premium Member Has met Quack Quack Jack
Total MINI dot com!!

United Kingdom Male View Rakey's Classified Ads
Quote: Originally Posted by jairfranz (original)

perhaps people are just a bit wary of sharing their personal details on an open forum like this

you might get a better response maybe if you created a petition on a specific petition website and then linked that to over here for people to fill out rather than asking them to give you their details.
Old Nov 27th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
The Muffin Man

United Kingdom Male
I too am surprised by the lack of response to this thread. Only reason I have not replied sooner is because I have been away and not had a proper look at mini2 for a couple of days.

I am up for complaining. My airbag light is on and i cant afford to pay for it to be fixed and as you say, it should be fixed free of charge due to the recall in the US. Only problem is, i know which dealer the mini was originally bought from, but I am the third owner and the car is well out of warranty (02 reg).
Old Nov 27th, 2006, 01:29 PM
MINI2 Premium Member
Damned

United Kingdom Male View Restyle's Hyper Blue & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View Restyle's Classified Ads
Quote: Originally Posted by Rakey (original)
perhaps people are just a bit wary of sharing their personal details on an open forum like this

Agreed, you wont get many people putting up personel info here.
However, if you asked for people to send you an email, possibly filling in a simple form you could print up here, to be forwarded giving their details, then No Problem

I had this problem on my old 2002 MCS, which was sorted under warranty by my local dealer, & so far have not had it occur on my facelift 2004 MCS.

Attached is the Letter sent out to MINI owners in USA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airbag letter.jpg
Views:	2085
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	125078  

Old Nov 27th, 2006, 04:28 PM
black"n"white cooper

Quote: Originally Posted by Restyle (original)
Agreed, you wont get many people putting up personel info here.
However, if you asked for people to send you an email, possibly filling in a simple form you could print up here, to be forwarded giving their details, then No Problem
I had this problem on my old 2002 MCS, which was sorted under warranty by my local dealer, & so far have not had it occur on my facelift 2004 MCS. Attached is the Letter sent out to MINI owners in USA

cheers for all the advice as its MUCH appreciated! i am open to ANY suggestions on how to do this properly and if anyone wishes to help then please feel free to do so! ive never commisioned a petition before so apologise for asking for peoples personal details on a forum site.
if people would like to be added to a petition letter then email me through MINI2.COM and i will try to knock out a letter. or if you would rather help with the letter then feel free to do so? if you could attach it to THIS forum so we can all read them then choose the best to use in the petition and add the names emailed to me afterwards?
Old Nov 28th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
MMC Member
Send a message via MSN to DaFlake

Local Time: 08:18 PM
United States Male View DaFlake's Pure Silver & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile
I assume also that you actually contacted MINI on this matter directly? It may be the dealer that is giving you the run around. I would call them and have them contact the dearler to get this sorted. I would also arm yourself with the US recall information. If anything this should be a courtesey repair.
Old Dec 1st, 2006, 11:16 AM
MINI2 Newbie

United Kingdom Male View Dealmaker's British Racing Green & Body Color 1st Gen MINI One Profile
I have just paid 40 quid to have this diagnosed and 'repaired' rather than replaced.

I would suggest starting a petition on one of the online petition sites, then posting the link here, It might be cool if we could have it posted on the front page somewhere or made a sticky or something as well, then cross post on all the regional owners club websites maybe. I'll be the first to sign it when it's online!
Old Dec 1st, 2006, 04:22 PM
black"n"white cooper

Post Please Sign The Petition

I have started the petition officially so could any owners with this problem please visit the address below and sign it.
BMW MINI UK Owners Airbag Warning Light Petition Petition : [ powered by iPetitions.com ]

many thanks
Old Dec 1st, 2006, 04:37 PM
MINI2 Premium Member Has met Quack Quack Jack
MINI2 No.1
Send a message via Skype™ to Paul

England Male
I know this has been one of the more common problems, but I was under the impression that it was a warranty issue anyway. I am surprised people in warranty have been asked to pay to get it resolved. Has this been taken to MINI customer services (centrally) by yourself already, and if so how far did you get?

What did VOSA say? VOSA corporate website
Old Dec 1st, 2006, 05:42 PM
Has met Quack Quack Jack
MMC Member
Send a message via MSN to DaFlake

Local Time: 08:18 PM
United States Male View DaFlake's Pure Silver & Black 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile
That was my original question Paul, I am wondering what MINI customer service had to say.

jairfranz has yet to answer those questions.
Old Dec 1st, 2006, 06:45 PM
MINI2 Premium Member
Damned

United Kingdom Male View Restyle's Hyper Blue & White 1st Gen MINI Cooper S Profile View Restyle's Classified Ads
I think the point that Jairfranz is trying to make, is that this should Not be regarded as a Warranty issue, but one that should apply to All cars, regardless of age.

This is a Major safety issue, as it completely knocks out the entire Airbag safety system.

It is only common sense that BMW should therefore extend the rights given to those in America to Every MINI owner nomatter which Territory they happen to live on, regardless of whether or not it is over 3 years old.

Petition Signed

Old Dec 1st, 2006, 07:24 PM
black"n"white cooper

i hear what you "unaffiliated" moderators are saying and YES i have tried ALL avenues including BMW UK customer services etc etc etc i have been given the runaround by all those concerned. i have yet to speak to VOSA as i feel that we should give BMW MINI UK the chance to rectify their wrong doing by responding to a petition by their loyal owners in the UK? it shouldnt have had to go this far anyway but i feel i am still giving them a fair crack of the whip before we go to independant adjudicators and ombudsmen! i am personally ashamed to own a BMW owned mini as i feel we are the "poor mans" brother to bigger more expensive BMW built cars or thats how ive been made to feel at 3 dealerships over 4 years of ownership anyway! i urge ALL owners whether its been fixed or not to sign this petition so that we can help other owners in the future who may encounter this ADMITTED fault.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: ,