MINI Cooper Forum banner

Problem with Passenger Seat

7K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  b0ng0 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Just a lil problem that i've noticed and was wondering if anyone could help me. I don't usually have anyone sitting in the back seat of my car, but i've noticed the passenger seat doesn't opperate properly.

When i push the button for it to fold forward then slide forward, it folds but doesn't move!

Is there anything i can adjust or check to see what the problem is?

Thanks in advance for any help you give, sorry my description is a little vague!

-David

After Note: When in the normal position, it slides forward and backwards fine :)

#3 ·
mine does the same (2003 MCS)
On mine a cable has snapped under the seat which makes the seat move forward when you press the seat leaver
Went to my dealer parts department they say you have to buy the whole seat slider assembly at £120
I was going to try to fix it myself but not got round to it yet

#4 ·
Mine too. Had a look at the cable underneath the seat as someone mentioned it may have just slipped off, but turns out it was well and truely snapped. Was going to get one from a breaker, but not exactly mechanically minded, to say the least. Booked into the stealership 1st thing tomorrow to get a new rail fitted. £200 for the pleasure.

#5 ·
Took my car into the garage 1st thing this morning. They had it for the best part of 2.5 hours and replaced the seat rail. £200 later and guess what? Still doesn't work!!

Turns out that it isn't the rail after all (despite what the garage told me initially). It's the seat back which costs over £300 to replace. They refunded me my money for fitting the seat rail as it wasn't what I needed, but I refused to book it in to get the seat back done. Can get a new leather interior for a little more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.