MINI Cooper Forum banner

Airbag Light and B200

27K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  montymontana 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, its been a while since i've visited the forum, hope yiou're all good.

I need some help please, a week ago i was up north in west yorkshire when my SRS light turned on over night, not sure what caused it at the time, so i did a bit of research in these forums and didn't come up with much other than it could have been caused by the seats moving back and forth.

while doing the research i came across the Memoscan B200 which resets the error codes in the SRS memory, found a supplier on the net and purchased one.

the B200 came through the post today, read the instructions and gave it a go, plugged it in, checked the FA code Table which was 10, then checked the codes within the table, this is what i found:

Table 10 (in the order the B200 displayed them)
03 Firing Circuit, belt tensioner, passenger side
05 Firing Circuit, Side Airbag, front left
02 Firing Circuit, Belt tensioner, Driver side
06 Firing Circuit, Side airbag, front right ride

using the CA option did not reset these codes, so looks like there is a more serious problem with my SRS system?

can anyone please shed light on what these codes mean for me and advise me on what to do next.

thanks in advance

See less See more
#7 ·
I had mine unplugged for a while and collected quite a few codes.
When I reset it it took me dozens of attempts before all the codes were finally cleared. I thought maybe the reset clears only one code at a time?
Anyway, in desperation I soaked a wooden toothpick in isopropanol alcohol and used it to clean the contacts under the seat. A few resets later and the light finally stayed out.

#8 ·
this fault is caused by loose conections of the pins in the plug conections in the airbag harneses under thhe seats to totaly fix the fault u can either buy the repair harneses and cable tie the wiring to stop movment in the plugs or just simply cut the plug conectors of and solder the wiring from the car to the harnes on the seat and then your faults should clear

#9 ·
Hi Guys sorry for the late update, yesterday i decided i'd have another go. Instead i removed the battery, gave it 10mins then tried again, to my surprise it worked, cleared all codes and is now working ok.

Though now i'm stuck with a new problem, hit a Curb the other day and now my DSC and Tyre Pressure lights are on solid. When i start the car they aren't on but after a few mins of driving they popup and stay on. Did some digging around on the forum and found that it could be a few possible causes. Steering angle sensor or the tyre pressure sensors, Since my steering wheel is off centre when i drive in a straight line, could it be the angle sensor? i'll probably start a new thread for this.

thanks again for your help.

#10 ·
I recently brought a B800 reset tool to get rid of the SRS warning light on my girlfriends '02 Cooper.

Codes shown were also:

02 Firing Circuit, Belt tensioner, Driver side
03 Firing Circuit, belt tensioner, passenger side

Took a few attempts but it eventually reset (will put this down to the reset tool being buggy or vulnerable to interference on the BUS).

I checked the wires under both seats and they seem fine, they have already been cable tied to the metal cross-bar under the seats. The plugs going in the the seat are very loose! I tried to get the SRS light to come back on by moving the seats fully back/forward but it wouldn't. Suspect going over a few bumps could cause a temporary disconnection as the plugs rattle around in their sockets.

From what I can find on these forums the only way to fix this is to actually break the plug and solder the wires directly in to the socket? I don't see how a replacement harness will fix this unless it has slightly larger plugs on it? Last time I was in the dealers I asked the parts counter about updated harnesses and was advised that they can only be installed by the dealers because the wire lengths to be cut to an exact length due to resistance, if the wire length is slightly out it will cause SRS errors etc. Is that true?

#11 ·
sorry for reserecting an old thread, but :)
Mu airbag light has come on, due to a bad connection on the underseat connections, however having purchased a B800 reset tool (off of fleabay), I can't appear to reset the airbag light.

When I connect the B800 and scan I get the E 10 code (the display is alternating E and the fault number), referring to the bad written instructions, this should be Table E, error code 10, but there is no table E :( If I try and clear the code I get an E 11.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or indeed how to interperate the error code and reset the system?

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.