Gearbox rattle - Cooper S
I have been searching around and found out that this is pretty common problem with the Cooper S. What I have not found is the cure for it. Some even say it is normal and you do not need to worry about it.
Symptoms for my MINI are...
- Rattle from the left side of the engine (UK - passenger side, EU - drivers side)
- It happens when the car is on neutral
- It is louder if you lift your clutch pedal rapidly
- It is quieter if you lift your clutch pedal slowly
- It follows the revs
However, my MINI does not have...
- Problems with the gear changes (even with temperatures below -20 celsius)
Some say the cure for it can be...
- Change the transmission oils
- Change the flywheel
- Change the release bearings
- Change the whole gearbox (there are cases where this has not cured the problem)
Is there a confirmed fix for this?