post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jan 26th, 2010, 12:23 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 10:17 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United States

United-States '03 Cooper S Xenon Light Problem

I have an '03 Cooper S with a passenger side headlight out. I replaced the Xenon lightbulb, but still not working. I checked fuses, they are fine. I swapped the ballast (silver square things hanging off headlight). I now believe it must be the ignitor which is what the bulb connects to. I have found one on ebay but can't figure out how to replace this piece of equipment.

Any help is greatly appreciated since an entire headlight assembly is over $500.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2010, 01:28 PM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 02:17 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom

mine was doin that the drivers side i bought bulb replaced worked fine next morning wouldnt work took bulb back got my money back an my old bulb put that in till i got it looked at an it come back on which was a bonus as they cost 50 ha any way gets in the next day it was of so i twisted the stork back an forth an it come on aparently bmw said it will be the ignighter they will do it for over a 100 which isnt bad at all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , ,

Quick Reply