I have my mini one 6 months and it is now in the garage for the fourth time!!!!! I need advice asap please.
It has been in twice for problems with the brakes. First they just needed adjusting!!! and second time must be the weather or leaves on the ground!!! Then my passenger seat had to be replaced, then back again cause the wires under the seat needed to be saldered!!! and this time my car is leaking from the rear view mirror and under the speedometer. I need help as the preticular garage is not helpful and I have been told again " we have never seen this before" I need advise, they agreed with me that they would not want to keep the car if this happened to them!!
Also my mini logo on the steering wheel is badly dented, how would this happen???? Help please
I assume the mini badge was dented when you took delivery? If so, your dealer probably did it, or it happened at some point between it leaving the factory and arriving with you. It certainly wouldn't have left the factory like that.
If it has happened since you received it then it must have been done by a driver of your car - or someone else with access to it. It certainly wouldn't misshape itself without any external force..
Hope that helps.
ALX - Black with white roof Cooper. White bonnet stripes. Chilli Pack. Visibility pack. Sports suspension plus. Alpine 9813R head unit.
Well first let me just say the mini is a lovely car and stick with it.
I have had my car since December, and although itís great there has been a few areas of question around the build quality, but I bet thatís why they give a long warranty for only £100.
With my car I have had the following problems:
1) I have the same problem with the seats; they kept on creaking forward under breaking, so they are getting fixed.
2) I also have experienced a weird breaking problem where under hard breaking there is a strange feeling while your foot is pressed; hard to explain but if you have it you will understand what Iím on about.
3) Also I have extremely hot side mirrors which have caused the rain water to stain them.
4) Also the mini fitted CD player connection they say is at fault as at cornering it stops then continues afterwards.
5) Also I have the car bearing to the left.
6) The gear seems reluctant to get into reverse.
7) Also on the bmw people saying about ďnever seeing that beforeĒ thatís utter Cr$p, just them to embarrassed to admit fault.
8) And with the dent factor, stand your ground and tell them that you donít expect your car to have dents after it has been with your company, and be adamant, as with me they tried to void my warranty on the front windscreen as it was leaking. So they tried to tell me I had replaced it, but I never did, so I just kept on saying that it looked like they were calling me a liar, it worked!
9) Also had problems with the fuel cap that did not open( not a good idea when in need of fuel)
Piece of advice on the dent, main dealers tend to make a note of the state of the car when they receive it so if there is any damage, they should be able to say if it was there when they received the car or not.
Ask if they made notes, then ask to see them. If it is not on the notes, tell them to get it repaired.
As for the water leaks, they should be able to clear these, its just them getting on with it.
Seats, been there, done that. Nothing new in that or the wires.
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.