MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 10:36 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom

Mini Cooper S JCW power loss

Hi,

I have got 53 MCS JCW but something is wrong with it. I have spent hours digging through mini cooper's forums but cannot find straight answer of what should I do next.
Firstly it takes around 9s to get from 50-70 and the max speed is 127mph which is way too slow for mcs. I have checked the boost and it is just over 1 bar so i presume there is no problem with the supercharger, also there was no faults found when the car was connected to a computer. I don't know in what position the bpv should be but when the car is off I can pull it out slightly further, however when i turn the car on it stiffens and I cannot move it anymore. Do you have any ideas what should I check/changed first?

Many Thanks,

Lucasso
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2011, 06:18 PM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 11:36 AM

United Kingdom View DevOnParkLane's Classified Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasso View Post
Hi,

I have got 53 MCS JCW but something is wrong with it. I have spent hours digging through mini cooper's forums but cannot find straight answer of what should I do next.
Firstly it takes around 9s to get from 50-70 and the max speed is 127mph which is way too slow for mcs. I have checked the boost and it is just over 1 bar so i presume there is no problem with the supercharger, also there was no faults found when the car was connected to a computer. I don't know in what position the bpv should be but when the car is off I can pull it out slightly further, however when i turn the car on it stiffens and I cannot move it anymore. Do you have any ideas what should I check/changed first?

Many Thanks,

Lucasso
Sounds like its restrictive. Try using Super Unleaded Petrol after some injector cleaner (the one you put in with petrol)

Or get a aftermarket manifold. The catalytic converter is VERY restrictive.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 2011, 09:53 PM
MINI2 Master

Local Time: 10:36 AM

United Kingdom

get a health check / dyno, by someone who knows how to dyno a MINI properly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags: , , , ,

Quick Reply