Wipers not responding to switch off and stop randomly - Page 2 - MINI Cooper Forum

First Generation Faults & Fixes MINI faults and fixes 2001 - 2006

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2011, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 04:17 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Canada View bilal074's Classified Ads

I found the problem. I've been at it since 5pm now it 10pm. When I installed the piaa lights and pushed the wires through the firewall I had to make a small slice in the rubber. Instead of using a poker thing I used a Gerber knife!!! I didn't even go hard but I had actually slices the brown and gree wire!! Out of all wire why only this one I don't frikin know! Any ways I had a thought today to pull the harness out and check and sure enough that was it. I have everything working and back in place. That was not fun. But holly crap because of u I learned so much! I know this is the point of the forum however I'm really grateful for all your help!! Thank you!

going for a drive in the rain. Hehehe! (started to rain as I closed the hood! Imagin that. Didn't rain the whole time they were not working!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 2011, 06:27 PM
MINI2 Regular

Local Time: 05:17 PM

United Kingdom Male

Glad you sorted it, bring on the rain..
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2012, 06:42 AM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 04:17 PM

Wiper

Hey...

I have the same problem, could you please please please explain me in more datail how you solved it?

Thanks
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 02:41 AM
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 05:17 PM

United Kingdom

Just wondering if you managed to get this problem sorted as my wipers go for around 20-30 seconds and stop in all speeds half way up the screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.