post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 2012, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Snoo

Local Time: 03:21 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom Female

Expansion Bottle

Help? Just bought an pre Nov 06 Mini One. The garage fit a new radiator as i got warranty. BUT i keep having to fill the expansion bottle up every other day, took back to garage and they fit a new radiator cap, which worked for 5 days but yesterday i popped the bonnet to fine expansion bottle empty AGAIN grrr, any advice so when i go back to the garage tomorrow i can at least sound like i know what im on about coz its really lettin my love down for my Mini Me .
Thanx
Christine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 2012, 09:09 AM
MINI2 Master

United Kingdom Male

As you already have a new radiator, check the thermostat housing for leaks which can be hard to spot and is a very common fault, that all air has definitely been bleed from the system (takes time and patience) and that the heater matrix is not leaking inside the car (you would normally smell the antifreeze inside car if this was happening). If you have air in the system the heater will often blow cold and the engine may overheat.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 2012, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Snoo

United Kingdom Female

Defo no smell ov anti freeze...check
Heater runs perfect..............check

my brother said it could be thermostat housing, and you also have said this so..... when i go to the garage I can mention this, seen as the mechanic didnt think ov this, makes u wonder if he is qualified huh. Will let ya know
Its really p***ing me off as iv had the car now only 2 an half weeks grrrrr. They either sort the problem or i not gona be happy, sick of bein fobbed off.
Cheers
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2012, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
Snoo

United Kingdom Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Me 40 View Post
Defo no smell ov anti freeze...check
Heater runs perfect..............check

my brother said it could be thermostat housing, and you also have said this so..... when i go to the garage I can mention this, seen as the mechanic didnt think ov this, makes u wonder if he is qualified huh. Will let ya know
Its really p***ing me off as iv had the car now only 2 an half weeks grrrrr. They either sort the problem or i not gona be happy, sick of bein fobbed off.
Cheers
UPDATE>>> . ok iv parked my front wheel on a kerb so i can see whats goin on .....put a puppy training mat under the engine and low n behold, it PINK.....antifreeze. i can see dried pink anti freeze also on something that is cylinder shaped....AS IF garage have had it on ramps...NOT, it bak in garage tomorrow but im stayin with her...not take anouther fob off. Dont want to giver her up but if they dont mend her then tuff. soon as i find something out thats usefull i will post
Thanks for this post from:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply