MINI Cooper Forum banner

New owner, bodge job by previous owner, help please

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dave_d 
#1 ·
Hi Guys / Girls,

i recently bought a 2002 mini one auto, during the test drive i noticed that the fan was on full whack, but i thought nothing of it due to it being a really hot day, i got the car and have been driving it to work a few times this week and the fan has constantly been on, i opened the bonnet up with my brother in law today as he is a mechanic and asked him about it, after routing through cables he has confirmed to me that the radiator fan has been wired into the ignition (turns on when key turned and goes off once car stops).

He has since rewired it back to how it should be to see if the fan turns on when the car is up to temperature, however after getting it hot the fan never turns on, can anyone shed any light on what could possibly be wrong with it, as we seriously cannot figure it out:xptq3c::xptq3c::xptq3c:

any help would seriously be very helpful!!!!

Many thanks

Dave

#2 ·
Have you st in traffic to see if it comes on then? That's when it mostly comes on. They could of wired it up to the ignition because maybe it never turned on so to be safe they done that. There could be a fault with something somewhere. What sends signals to the fan to be turnt on??? could be that
Keep a good eye on your temp gauge doe until you sort it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.