MINI Cooper Forum banner

Airbag Light on radio and blower doesn't work

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  dshishman 
#1 ·
Hey mates

I've got 2005 convertible top (R52) mini

recently airbag light started off and after that misterious things are happening to it.

Radio and Blower don't work anymore. (all the fuses are ok) when i open the ignition airbag light blinks like there is non enough woltage to fully light the bulb. On opened ignition (car not started) windshield wipers start working accidently and the only way to stop them is to start the car.

I've changed the BC1 and the same problems remained.

Once I've tried to poll out the airbag fuse from fusebox and radio started to work but only on the steering wheel open position. It stops working immidiately when i open igniton or close the steering wheel.

Does anyone have the idea what might be a problem?

#2 ·
weak battery or corroded battery cable connections

corroded grounds

minis are very sensitive to battery condition

scott

#3 ·
Thanks for tip.

Battery is OK, it's new. checked the connections and grounds they are ok aswell. I even pooled out the seats and uncoverd the whole harness but nothing seems strange.

Diagnostycs shoved that there was a fall of current in the air bag sensors.

By the way I tested th fuses in fusebox and on half of the fuses the voltage is very low and others are ok

#6 ·
There is something wrong with my mini fellows

It started as I described in this topic. Radio and blower stopped working. the solution was just to unplug airbag fuse from fuse box radio and heater came back. but now sometimes when i turn the steering wheel to any side until the end radio and blower turn of and than turn on again. sometimes even windshield wipers start working until they finality find parking position.

I don't F*** understand what is wrong with it. Diagnostics only shows that airbag is not working but it should not work because I've disconnected it.

Does anyone have any idea what it might be?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.