MINI Cooper Forum banner

Window questions and costs and HELP please!! Mini falling to bits!

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  The Nun 
#1 ·
My 2002 mini cooper has suddenly decided to develop about half a dozen expensive faults. The one I am tackling at moment is intermittent fault of drivers window motor. (can be temp cured by smashing door above speaker!) Been diagnosed by local mechanic as needing a new motor and regulator. Howver the parts are over £250 from BMW. I have found some aftermarket parts for a fraction of this the mechanic said my window has the automatic drop function on this and therefore that swhy part is dearer??!! I thought all mini coopers would have had an auto window? Can anyone please advise?

As far as I can see all the connectors to the motor are a 2 pin assembly? Are the connections always the same.

Anyway any help most gratefully received, anyone out there with non auto drivers door window?

Anyone got any advice to getting this done at a better cost than best part of £300!!
Any successful help will result in a decent charity donation of your choice!

#2 · (Edited)
Hi ya

I think some one is feeding you some BS you can repair the motor, there is How to somewhere I will try find it or you.

I did strip down and clean my motor 6 weeks later same problem again.

I changed just he motor item 2 that's all you need from the link below

RealOEM.com BMW R53 Cooper S EL.FRONT DOOR WINDOW LIFTING MECHANISM

There about £85 and it takes about hour and a half to two hours to do.
Longest part is aligning the window but that's easy

Hope his helps

Strip and Rebuild link as promised
http://www.mini2.com/forum/first-ge...ectric-window-motor-reconditioning-guide.html

#3 ·
so motor or regulator?

thanks for answer< so is it the motor sticking or could it be a worn regulator making motor stick, that is the question! when i activate switch can hear a click but no action, all very confusing but i would rather hit door than pay bmw near £300!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.