Many thanks for your help on this mab...
I double checked and: my mistake, its not the steering pump. But I am almost sure now its the streering pump FAN (it makes the sound of a fan and its controlled by the fuse F39). Now I just retried and its no longer random, its stays ON as soon as I plug the battery (even without key in). I also tried with this Fuse F39 out and the noise was no longer their (fan was OFF) but my car strange behavior still present
Latest behavior recap:
1. As soon as I plug the battery I have:
- Driving light on
- Some dash indicator steady on: Battery, Check-engine, EML.
- Power Steering pump FAN
2. If I enter the key in the barrel:
- No noticeable change to above
3. If I turn the key to start the engine:
-Engine start as expected
4. If I turn off the key and remove it from the barrel:
- Engine keeps running (no change to above. So I had to remove the main relay to stop the engine).
This means its like if the ONLY key position the car recognise is when I turn it to start the engine... Else, the car thinks the key is always in on "running engine". That is probably why I have driving lights always on, the steering pump fan on and the dash lights on..
Could it be a bad relay stick to ON position (for ignition barrel)? Should I check if the Main Relay is always energized (I think I understand the ignition barrel switch-on the Main Relay?)
During this last tried behavior things didnt seem random (i.e.: no randomly flashing dash indicators light).
Is this providing more hints?
Many thanks again!