Now this, has got me totally confused
My Mini Cooper (MY02) has had starting problems for yonks. I've checked everything (I can) but nothing makes sense.
I assume something is draining the power and of course in winter, it gets so bad that I get ~1-2 days before the dreaded "click" as nothing
happens when I turn the key.
However... the puzzle gets worse.
This morning (-1 degree c) I go outside to try out the Mini. It has not been used in about 36hrs. "Click".. then click click click (not even turning the engine over. This is normal.
So, I reach for the (now very handy) charger and then off we go. One minute later (not more), and out of total curiosity, I pull off the charger, walk to the car and "VROOM" - instant fire up.
Clearly, it's not the battery !
The connections to the battery are well made and tight
Battery <18months old
I'm thinking of starter solenoid, brushes. I have to rule out connections... (or it would have stayed broken !)
THOUGHTS WELCOME !