MINI Cooper Forum banner

Emissions warning light

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mab01uk 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've just bought my first mini, a 2006 MINI one, from what I understand of the lingo, it's a first generation post facelift. Prior to buying the car from a dealer, I had it taken to a mini dealership to get it checked over. The only major thing they noted was that the rear silencer was corroded. I asked the seller about this, he said that they had patched it up in some way and that as it had just passed the nct test the emissions were fine, he also showed me the bits flaking off the exhaust.

Anyway, this didn't bother me too much as the mini dealership said that if it had just passed the nct then its fine, and that ultimately it doesnt affect the functionality of the car. However, after buying the car and driving it home I've now noticed the emissions warning light is on.

I plan on calling the seller about it tomorrow (it came with a 3 month warranty) but thought I'd consult the experts here first for any pearls of wisdom. Do you think the light is caused by the flaky exhaust?

Thank you :frown:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.