MINI Cooper Forum banner

Central Locking Problem Help

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  heathwebbo 
#1 ·
My wife Mini Cooper s 54 reg as a central locking fault. When the car was brought nearly a year ago the drivers door would open and close on the central locking but the passenger side would'nt. having tried to investigate it by taking the door panel off both the doors, I removed the power supply and put the connector back in and sprayed with contact cleaner, now both doors don't work on central locking. The boot opens ok. Can anybody help, or recommend a garage close to Leicester to investigate thanks Michael

#2 ·
The gen 1 minis have a common problem with the door actuators which causes the problem you have. I have had to change both of mine in the last year, they are available on eBay for around £65 new dont buy 2nd hand ones as you may get the same problem. I cant understand why the drivers side has stopped after unplugging it unless the plug isnt connected properly

#4 ·
Yes the locking mechanism is one unit. Its not a hard job just a bit awkward & fiddly. When you take the drivers side one off put the key in the lock & turn it 90 degrees to remove the mechanism from the door handle. The only real hard bit is getting it out once its all undone, I had to undo the window runner & push it forward to make enough room to get it through. Their are little white blocks at the bottom of the window runner so you can see the clean mark where it was originally fitted so its easy to get it back in the right place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.