MINI Cooper Forum banner

Auto Adjusting Xenons Too High

967 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Joe90 
#1 ·
After a recent clutch replacement on my 2005 MCS. My lights still adjust themselves when switched on, but always adjust to a very high level. I drive around after dark illuminating the trees and blinding oncoming drivers.

Does anyone know where the sensor used to determine the level of the lights is located? I'm wondering if it's been disturbed during the clutch work.

#2 ·
Hi ya

I would say when they changed your clutch they did not put the head light level adjuster back in the correct place or may have knocked it.
It's on your left hand wish bone near the inner ball joint, you may be able to park it on level ground mark the correct heights on a wall or garage door with the head lights on and adjust the sensor till it the right height you may need to turn on and off the head lights so the sweep.
Or take it back to the place that do do the clutch if they have an mot bay get them to sort it out.

Hope this helps

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.