MINI Cooper Forum banner

Rear Wiper Stop Position

14K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  paulcoz 
#1 ·
Selling car to a friend so have to resolve this problem, rear wiper stops in funny positions.

Any idea if this is the relay or wiper motor needed please??

where is the relay for this if this is the problem??

Thanks all

#4 ·
Hi ya

It may be the relay located on the back of the fuse box in your foot well fuse box.
But it sounds like a bad motor or bad earth you might want to remove the trim panel in the boot and make shore the conectors are good

Some cars the relay are also located in the fuse box in the engine bay

Or it could be a damp body control unit behind you drivers foot well trim on uk car

Hope this helps

#6 ·
Rear wiper motors tend to fill up with water over the years due to their position with the wet getting into it via the wiper spindle, this causes the motor to start to go stiff and begin seizing, if this happens it can stall the motor or cause it to stop in varying positions.
Might be worth removing it and giving a look over?

#9 ·
What age and model is your MINI? If it is a Gen1 MINI (pre 2006) I don't believe you can get a new replacement rear wiper motor from BMW.
They can only supply a conversion kit (new motor, mounting bracket, bit of electric loom, complete wiper arm etc) which costs about £160 in UK.
This is because the old type motor has the washer water passing through the wiper arm spindle. They changed this from 2006 because it was a common problem with washer fluid getting into the motor. The new type motor has a completely different washer system and wiper arm.
If you just order a replacement motor for you model/year from somewhere like Euro Car Parts you will get one that has different mountings and a different electrical socket and cannot be fitted albeit costing £60+.
When my one went the same way as yours, I ended up getting a second hand one from a breakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.