post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 2014, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
MINI2 Newbie

Local Time: 10:55 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

United Kingdom

Possible Lambda Sensor Fault???

I'm having an intermittent problem with my 2003 Mini One (r53) and was wondering if anyone could provide input?

When I start the car first thing in the morning it runs absolutely fine for a couple of minutes, pretty much long enough for me to get halfway down the road. The car then starts losing power and the revs fluctuate up and down.

Turning off the engine and starting up again seems to solve the problem for another 2 minutes. Once the car has done this once or twice and is starting to warm up the problem stops.

It doesn't always do this but I've noticed it tends to happen when it's damp weather and if there's heavy rain it can do it in the middle of the day (possibly due to water spraying up under the car?).

My only clue is that once, during a torrential downpour, it had the same problem and the check engine light came on. The AA read the code and it came out as "P0132 O2 circuit High Voltage - Bank 1 sensor". The error code hasn't reappeared since but I still have the same problem.

I asked my local garage to check the lambda sensor out during it's service and they said the sensor appeared fine and was giving normal voltage readings. But as I mentioned this is an intermittent fault usually first thing in the morning (although it's almost becoming a daily problem!).

Should I go ahead and change the sensor? or are there other potential sources for the problem I should get the garage to checkout first?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MINI Cooper Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.