MINI Cooper Forum banner

tempremental xenon headlights

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Deeztheweez 
#1 ·
Hi all, just joined as i have now had my MCS 2003 for about 3 weeks and just working my way through all the gremlins associated with it. My car has the Xenon Technology headlight fitted, sometimes they work sometimes they don't. If i keep turning them on and off sooner or later they start working?? There is no pattern to when they work, i could leave the car for a couple of days, try them and they work spot on. Following day nothing again until i try a few times. Any ideas or experience would be extremely grateful as the darker evenings are approaching!!!

#2 ·
No replies??? Have i posted this in the right section?

Just an update, had BCM diagnosed as not communicating so sent to BBA Reman who checked module and passed with a clean bill of health. Replaced both bulbs with 6000k Phillips but still no joy. Any help would be much appreciated guys/gals as am now in the mood for scrapping the damn thing!!

#8 ·
Ok
Does it make any difference if one light is disconnected?
Or is it still random?
Is there any differences in the light colour or brightness?
Do the lights level up together when they do strike up?
You say the BCM wasn't communicating?
Is that fault still showing?
how did you diagnose this?

It's not a case of
'500 views and NO replies excellent site NOT!!...'
Would you like 500 people replying that they can't help?
It takes time to get through to some who may have an idea!
I'm not saying I do or will but I'll give it a try
Also if you do find the fault please post the result, as some don't and it's very annoying!
Posters to tech queries like it when you give thanks, it's human nature....
Again it helps others,
So let's see if we can fathom the problem....
Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.