MINI Cooper Forum banner

Urgent: locked out of 04 mini one with engine running

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  paulbeard 
#1 · (Edited)
***Problem resolved, back on the road, thanks***

Hi, I'm sure this has been tackled before but I did a quick forum search with no luck and as this has happened this morning when I really need to be on the road, please forgive this poor forum etiquette!

This morning I had to put some air in one of the tyres of my 04 mini one cabriolet. As it was chilly I thought I'd warm the car up, clear the windows so I started the engine, then went in to have my breakfast (I live at the end of a private close in a small village, the chances of anyone having the chance to steal the car are slimmer than the chance of a car manufacturer designing a car that locks the owner out).

5 mins later I'm locked out of the car with the engine still running. The door lock "buttons" are up, I couldn't say if they are normally higher or not when the doors are unlocked normally.

Is there anything I can do to get in the car short of breaking a window? I do not have a spare key unfortunately, as the car was bought second hand.

Any help very gratefully received.

Thanks, Paul

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.